Author Topic: N-Scale Convention Canonical Announcement Thread ***  (Read 21057 times)

sirenwerks

• Crew
  • Respect: +351
Re: N-Scale Convention Canonical Announcement Thread ***
« Reply #195 on: July 03, 2013, 08:36:33 AM »
So, I gather from the title of this thread that, for some of you, N-Scale Conventions have a religious significance.  Kind of like a Papal Encyclical or something, huh?  :D

From Webster's online dictionary:

Perhaps "beatified" would have been a better choice.  Kerouac substantially liberated it from religious rhetoric.  Or maybe "Dharmic" would be better.
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

lock4244

• Crew
  • Respect: +583
    • My train pics
« Reply #196 on: July 03, 2013, 10:49:22 AM »

I was really hoping that out of the box all of the class lights, ditch lights and headlights on these would be available to light up, but it looks like it I'm going to have to do some drilling and modification.

Still much hotness  :drool:

basementcalling

• Crew
  • Respect: +652
« Reply #197 on: July 03, 2013, 10:54:50 AM »
Peter Pfotenhauer

PAL_Houston

• Crew
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #198 on: July 03, 2013, 06:58:37 PM »
Perhaps "beatified" would have been a better choice.  Kerouac substantially liberated it from religious rhetoric.  Or maybe "Dharmic" would be better.

Well that kind of depends on whether you believe people follow N-scale Conventions religiously, or not.  If, on the other hand, one wished for accuracy in the description of the intended content of the thread, one might choose a word such as "consolidated" instead.

I have been dealing with lawyers entirely too much lately.  Forgive me.  :facepalm:
Regards,
Paul

PGE-N°2

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #199 on: July 05, 2013, 02:00:25 PM »
They had sample there, unfortunately, the photo I took did not turn out well. I have a stripped shell that is destined for this scheme, was kinda bummed about Kobo doing this until I saw it, did not notice anything special about it, and the fuel tank is too long, so I am going to proceed on mine with BLMA fans, grabs, wipers and all weather window,  shortened tank and no drop step & chain (another Milwaukee quirk) maybe I'll even have it done before I retire!
Rick

I sympathize. I have 2 sets of the decals, actually, and was planning and making a model and having someone paint if for me.

Actually, from reading the blog about the covention it states that the  Milwaukee Road Bicentennial SD40-2 is being made to order and hand painted in Japan, so who knows what the availability or pricing of that will be. It might be just as well to spend the time detailing one and then do the painting on it.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 03:55:10 PM by PGE-N°2 »
Director of Operations of the Kettle River Railway

See photos of the original owner's layout here:
https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/about-face/sets/72157603977732928/

It sounded like a good idea at the time... too bad the caboose wasn't in on the plan.

POVC

• Crew
  • Respect: +25
« Reply #200 on: July 05, 2013, 06:26:24 PM »
I sympathize. I have 2 sets of the decals, actually, and was planning and making a model and having someone paint if for me.

Actually, from reading the blog about the covention it states that the  Milwaukee Road Bicentennial SD40-2 is being made to order and hand painted in Japan, so who knows what the availability or pricing of that will be. It might be just as well to spend the time detailing one and then do the painting on it.

I picked up one of KATO's fliers for these at the convention...
Item # 176-4830-KB
MSRP $175
Order deadline for first delivery (September) is 25 July
Link to pre-order page
http://www.katousa.com/Zcart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=157&products_id=1340&zenid=0564624c83c4f92596ea7506e173ac6a

PGE-N°2

• Crew
« Reply #201 on: July 05, 2013, 08:05:15 PM »
I picked up one of KATO's fliers for these at the convention...
Item # 176-4830-KB
MSRP $175
Order deadline for first delivery (September) is 25 July
Link to pre-order page
http://www.katousa.com/Zcart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=157&products_id=1340&zenid=0564624c83c4f92596ea7506e173ac6a

Well hopefully they have a lengthy production run... I can't really afford that right now, because I'm getting some other customer painted Milwaukee units done, like some Dash 9's  :D .

It sounded like a good idea at the time... too bad the caboose wasn't in on the plan.

Dave Schneider

• Crew
  • Respect: +50
« Reply #202 on: July 05, 2013, 10:29:29 PM »
Well hopefully they have a lengthy production run... I can't really afford that right now, because I'm getting some other customer painted Milwaukee units done, like some Dash 9's  :D .

I would be willing to bet that this is a "one and done" offering, specifically announced for the convention in Milwaukee.

Best wishes, Dave
If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

PGE-N°2

• Crew
« Reply #203 on: July 06, 2013, 04:54:39 PM »
I would be willing to bet that this is a "one and done" offering, specifically announced for the convention in Milwaukee.

Best wishes, Dave

Possibly. And I've already bought most of the convention cars lettered for Milwaukee Road, except for that funny Sno-melter thing.

Dave Schneider

• Crew
  • Respect: +50
« Reply #204 on: July 06, 2013, 05:07:20 PM »
Did you get the wheel set car?  That one looked pretty cool.

Best wishes, Dave
If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

PGE-N°2

• Crew
« Reply #205 on: July 06, 2013, 06:11:08 PM »

Best wishes, Dave

Actually, now. I guess I lied. I was primarily focusing on the sets that at least gave me 3 cars for the price. The price for 1 car pushing $50 was not something I was happy with paying for.

PGE-N°2

• Crew
« Reply #206 on: January 03, 2014, 04:29:34 PM »

Best wishes, Dave

Actually, now. I guess I lied. I was primarily focusing on the sets that at least gave me 3 cars for the price. The price for 1 car pushing $50 was not something I was happy with paying for.

I guess I can update, now, that I have gotten the car with the wheel set load, but it was not as good as the other ones. The wheel load is actually pretty fragile and was already broken inside the jewel case. With the load, it's basically not useful for anything but a static model, but without the load it still really is a nice car. A flat car lettered for the Milwaukee Road is probably one of the hardest things to find in N scale