Author Topic: Red Lettering on Milwaukee cars  (Read 956 times)

Gozer the Gozerian

• Crew
  • Respect: +1102
Red Lettering on Milwaukee cars
« on: June 11, 2013, 04:54:00 PM »
Hey guys...first, thanks for the help on the milwaukee passenger cars.  I have another question.  The passenger cars with the red lettering across the top of the windows...is that the insignia red they use in their logo or the same color as the reddish brown band across the windows?

Thanks!

Joe
MTL
Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor!

altohorn25

• Crew
  • Respect: +3331
    • Mini Mod u Trak
Re: Red Lettering on Milwaukee cars
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 10:56:33 PM »
Hey guys...first, thanks for the help on the milwaukee passenger cars.  I have another question.  The passenger cars with the red lettering across the top of the windows...is that the insignia red they use in their logo or the same color as the reddish brown band across the windows?

Thanks!

Joe
MTL

Joe,

If you're talking about the paint job of the orange body, maroon window stripe, black roof, underbody details, and trucks, then the lettering is the same maroon color as the maroon window stripe.  They never used any kind of brown lettering on any of the passenger cars (at least in the 20th century -not sure about prior to that).

Hope this helps.

Nate
Nate Pierce
Modutrak - Wisconsin Division
www.modutrak.com

skytop35

• Crew
  • Respect: +731
    • Skytop Models
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 08:34:46 AM »
I'll confirm what Nate said. Maroon lettering on orange carbody, black roof and maroon window band.
Bill Denton

Skytopmodels.com

Gozer the Gozerian

• Crew
  • Respect: +1102
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 08:47:05 AM »
Nate, Bill, thank you very much for the help.  I can get this submitted this morning. 

Cheers

Joe
Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor!