Author Topic: N-Scale - What is the average mind set?  (Read 18364 times)

wm3798

• Crew
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +5412
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: N-Scale - What is the average mind set?
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2013, 04:55:51 PM »
I'm in Easton now... 20 minutes closer... no trains (yet) but don't worry... the beer fridge is in full working order... :D
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

OldEastRR

• Crew
  • Respect: +284
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2013, 11:24:20 PM »
If that's not good enough for ya, you can build your own!

Not criticizing or nuthin, but .... is it just the viewing angle or is that track not centered through that portal?

As for customized equipment sales ... I had some  UP COLA domes where I opened up the dome floor so the installed light kit lit up the dome and the car. Then I painted the interiors and added some passengers. The obs went for $90 on eBay, the other domes sold variously from $50 to $75 each.  It probably is not only the work done but the popularity level of the road modeled that determines price.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 11:32:59 PM by OldEastRR »

VonRyan

• Crew
  • Running on fumes
  • Respect: +608
« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2013, 03:42:29 PM »
Cody, you might want to check out this group: http://www.aerialarchives.com/Historical-Aerials-New-Jersey.htm

Contact them via email for details, as they have a lot more in their archives than what's online.

They might have some aerial images of your hometown, or possibly not; worth a look. Obviously it won't solve your station dilemma, but it might inspire other ideas.

I'll have to drop them a line. If the had a 1930's-ish overhead of Repaupo (by the tracks, since it is a good mile between the tracks and the "center" of Repaupo) then it'll provide some insight as to the "gravel pit" that is marked out on the track diagram sketches that the PRSLHS has.

-Cody F.
Cody W Fisher  —  Wandering soul from a bygone era.
Tired.
Fighting to reclaim shreds of the past.