Author Topic: New Circus Wagon Kits available, and more!  (Read 3710 times)

Alaska Railroader

• Crew
  • Respect: +5
New Circus Wagon Kits available, and more!
« on: June 03, 2013, 07:03:41 PM »
It has taken me awhile since I first started this project but I finally have 5 different circus wagon kits all packaged and ready to go out the door;

Wagon kit is unassembled and undecorated. Front axle rotates, removable yoke. Artistic Rendition shown only: Actual coloring is up to the modeler and their skill level but could be assembled with no additional painting. Wagon sides come pre-painted in silver and the wheels are pre-painted gold. Made of cast resin parts which may be in a color. Measures just over 1” long not counting the yoke. Two of the wagons come with a sheet of choices for center panel decorations.

Measuring 7-1/2 x 1-3/4 inches, this High Wire act, the first of a series of High Wire stunts, is a courageous bicyclist on the wire with an even braver rider hanging precariously beneath him. Each piece is hand assembled with painted figures and lots of patience. Ideal placement is inside of a tent but would also look great in an outside arena. Base can be concealed by using our sawdust product, a small packet is included. More can be purchased if you wish to cover more than the base. Coloring and pose will vary. Limited quantity.

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4613
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: New Circus Wagon Kits available, and more!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 09:31:32 PM »
Very nice stuff! Are the sides flat, or do they have all the scroll work molded in relief? Have you considered offering decals with the wagons to make them easier to decorate?
. . . 42 . . .

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2106
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 12:41:06 AM »
Cool . One thing I am looking for is tarp covered , or covering as when the cages are traveling on the rails . The all look to be white or off white .

If these are un-decorated what's the difference with kits 4 and 5 compared to kit 3 .  I ordered 1, 2 , & 3 , so far .
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 01:28:58 PM by up1950s »

Richie Dost

cfritschle

• Crew
  • Respect: +284
    • N Scale Vehicle Association
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 02:45:56 AM »
If you would like to have the information about the circus wagons "published" on the N Scale Vehicle Association's web site, please send a "press release" to:  info@nscalevehicles.org

The information could also appear in the next issue of the N Scale Enthusiast member's magazine when I do the annual review of new N scale vehicle models.

Carter
Carter

N Scale Vehicle Association
"For the modeler and collector of 1:160 scale model vehicles and equipment"
http://nscalevehicles.org/

DKS

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +7024
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 07:01:02 AM »
Very nice stuff! Are the sides flat, or do they have all the scroll work molded in relief? Have you considered offering decals with the wagons to make them easier to decorate?

All of the scrollwork is relief. Full side decals would be impractical because the relief is quite deep (which actually makes decoration by hand easier). Some of the kits include full-color stickers where the center of the sides are flat.

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2106
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 01:16:04 PM »
All of the scrollwork is relief. Full side decals would be impractical because the relief is quite deep (which actually makes decoration by hand easier). Some of the kits include full-color stickers where the center of the sides are flat.

Ahh ha , so I ordered the other two . We could put mug shots of asshats in the center . :oops:

Richie Dost

Alaska Railroader

• Crew
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 05:02:43 PM »

Ah, thank you David! I should have described this in more detail. Although I lasered the 3D bas-relief sculpture styled masters David made the resin castings for me. No part of these wagons are wood, they are nice resin. I have a line of work wagons in the pipeline and those will have great detail as well but in wood.

If you would like to have the information about the circus wagons "published" on the N Scale Vehicle Association's web site, please send a "press release" to:  info@nscalevehicles.org

The information could also appear in the next issue of the N Scale Enthusiast member's magazine when I do the annual review of new N scale vehicle models.

Carter

This would be an honor, thank you.

Cool . One thing I am looking for is tarp covered , or covering as when the cages are traveling on the rails . The all look to be white or off white .

Richard, first thank you for your orders, bear with me as I go through PayPal and refund some shipping costs for a few of you guys who added to your orders.
About this type of covering on circus wagons, the last thing you will want to do is to cover parade wagons that you purchased and decorated so I believe a good candidate for the wagons you want are to make them just like in your picture. It would be a 3D rectangle master with realistically carved tarps on them with the wagon wheels showing. Or perhaps some type of thin material that could actually be removable for the work wagons. Sure would look cool on those flats!

Ahh ha , so I ordered the other two . We could put mug shots of asshats in the center . :oops:

Haha, you could do that. Would it be advertising the freak show?? But just so you know, each of those two wagon designs comes with a sheet of 4 or 5 different sets of very thin vinyl stickers to choose from.

I appreciate the positive support I have received from you guys on this forum, both in posts but especially in sales  ;)

Fliegerin

• Crew
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 11:39:35 PM »
Will have to show these to my other half, she loves modeling circus trains!

Modeling the PRR's River and Bayard Branches, 1947-1998

chicken45

• Crew
  • Will rim for upvotes.
  • Respect: +1013
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2013, 10:32:03 AM »
Love that marching band! Are the figures repositionable? Putting the trombone player not in the front is deadly to the person in front of them. Trombone slides are considered weapons in 37 states. That's the reason we lead the big parade, haha!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 10:38:08 AM by chicken45 »
Josh Surkosky

Here's a Clerihew about Ed. K.

Ed Kapucinski
Every night, he plants a new tree.
But mention his law
and you've pulled your last straw!

Alternate version:
Ed Kapucinski
He asks excitedly "Did you say Ménage à Trois?"
No, I said "Ed's Law."

Fliegerin

• Crew
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2013, 12:48:31 PM »
Love that marching band! Are the figures repositionable? Putting the trombone player not in the front is deadly to the person in front of them. Trombone slides are considered weapons in 37 states. That's the reason we lead the big parade, haha!

:D :facepalm:

Only you...  LOL

Modeling the PRR's River and Bayard Branches, 1947-1998

Alaska Railroader

• Crew
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2013, 01:43:01 PM »

I'm trying to stop chuckling long enough to answer you! I glued them down to a thin piece of clear acetate (that particular set and its "wrong" line up has sold) but I'm thinking perhaps packaging them not mounted to the plastic but include it for you band guys so that you may put them in the right order. This is embarrassing, I was in our school marching band eons ago playing trumpet and for the life of me I cannot remember where the trombones were. I DO remember the bass drum was at the back. Back to chuckling....

chicken45

• Crew
  • Will rim for upvotes.
  • Respect: +1013
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2013, 02:57:49 PM »
I'm trying to stop chuckling long enough to answer you! I glued them down to a thin piece of clear acetate (that particular set and its "wrong" line up has sold) but I'm thinking perhaps packaging them not mounted to the plastic but include it for you band guys so that you may put them in the right order. This is embarrassing, I was in our school marching band eons ago playing trumpet and for the life of me I cannot remember where the trombones were. I DO remember the bass drum was at the back. Back to chuckling....

+1! I always wanted to do a high school halftime show scene. Those musicians/instruments/uniforms are too distinctly European for an American high school football game.

But I actually think our color guard was more dangerous. Twice in 4 years my slide got nailed by an errant flag pole. She was the only woman I ever truly feared.
Josh Surkosky

Here's a Clerihew about Ed. K.

Ed Kapucinski
But mention his law
and you've pulled your last straw!

Alternate version:
Ed Kapucinski
He asks excitedly "Did you say Ménage à Trois?"
No, I said "Ed's Law."

Dave Schneider

• Crew
  • Respect: +50
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2013, 06:53:33 PM »
Nice looking products.....nothing I need yet, but very nice.
How about a monkey sitting at a desk in front of a computer. You could market it as an example of posting to a modeling forum? (no offense Kiz).
I'll bet you could sell a bunch of those!

I thought they put the sliding note approximaters at the head of the marching band so they didn't bother  the musicians.....with exception of those from New Orleans.

Best wishes, Dave.
If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Kisatchie

• Crew
  • Respect: +62
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2013, 06:59:21 PM »
How about a monkey sitting at a desk in front of a computer. You could market it as an example of posting to a modeling forum? (no offense Kiz).

I'm not offended. Somebody is, though...

Hmm... I am a Great Ape,
not some lowly monkey...

Two scientists create a teleportation ray, and they try it out on a cricket. They put the cricket on one of the two teleportation pads in the room, and they turn the ray on.
The cricket jumps across the room onto the other pad.
"It works! It works!"