Author Topic: N-Scale MOW TRUCK Coming!  (Read 2726 times)

Hyperion

• Crew
  • Respect: +19
Re: N-Scale MOW TRUCK Coming!
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2013, 09:57:09 PM »
Awesome!  I ordered a couple, plus some of the wheel sets for variety.
-Mark

jimmo

• Crew
  • Representing Willmodels
  • Respect: +6
    • Willmodels
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2013, 02:07:32 AM »
It would be nice to see a slightly updated version of the one they previously released - I think it was an very late SP truck, but I have seen photos of them surviving into the 2000's if not today.
Louis, if you're speaking of the F800, I've seen pictures of UP trucks just like it in white.

Maybe next time they can put an actual N-scale cab/nose on it. That 1/196 scale F800 (although nicely detailed) was just too small. With the exception of the wheels, the rest of the model was to scale. I have a couple of them and on one of them I tried my international DuraStar cab/nose in place of the undersized Ford and they look pretty good.

The late model medium-duty F-series are 4000 series Internationals under those Ford skins.

*mod edit - Fixed broken quote box - Ian
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 06:15:13 PM by Ian MacMillan »
James R. Will

jpwisc

• Crew
  • Respect: +1876
    • Skally Line Blog
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2013, 08:44:54 PM »
These trucks looks great, I can't wait to get my hands on a couple!
Karl
CEO of the WC White Pine Sub, an Upper Peninsula Branch Line.

ljudice

• Crew
  • Respect: +238
    • NS/CR Camp Car Models
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2013, 09:33:07 PM »
Louis, if you're speaking of the F800, I've seen pictures of UP trucks just like it in white.

Maybe next time they can put an actual N-scale cab/nose on it. That 1/196 scale F800 (although nicely detailed) was just too small. With the exception of the wheels, the rest of the model was to scale. I have a couple of them and on one of them I tried my international DuraStar cab/nose in place of the undersized Ford and they look pretty good.

The late model medium-duty F-series are 4000 series Internationals under those Ford skins.

*mod edit - Fixed broken quote box - Ian

Jim, that's the truck, the F800 - I was always a little suspicious about that cab....  Anyway it would be nice to see it come back.

The other vehicle, which looks like it could use the International Cab, chassis and most of the deck are the trucks that are mostly flatbed with one large crane in the back rear - with all the associated outriggers and a large tool cabinet up front. I've seen photos of these on UP and seen similar NS trucks here.

- Lou