Author Topic: June MT releases  (Read 5268 times)

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +4209
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: June MT releases
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2013, 12:42:44 PM »
For "fresh" cars you can remove the pad printing using Coleman Camp fuel and a Qtip.  We use it here when we need to correct something and it doesn't effect the paint under.  I've done it on my own cars that were printed a month or so earler and it took a bit of work, but the lettering did come off clean. 

Yup, I've got the red bottle stashed away from when I had to remove car names off the Pennsy heavyweights.

I know the collector market is important to MTL, and, I can remove the foob posters from the car to make it appear prototypical.  But I sure would prefer if the car was offered in prototypical form simultaneously - since the modelers will not buy the foob cars and the collectors will buy both. :cool:
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

JMaurer1

• Crew
  • Respect: +291
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2013, 12:58:48 PM »
Shipsure, thanks for that tip (as well). I've got a bunch of cars that I have wanted to renumber for a long time but never got past the first car because everything I tried either took the paint under as well or didn't take either.
Sacramento Valley NRail and NTrak
We're always looking for new members

mplsjct

• Crew
  • Respect: +391
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2013, 01:10:01 PM »

I love my $5 Atlas 90 Tonners for filling out a train...

I remember paying about that much for them, but not anymore...

http://www.atlastrainman.com/NFreight/tmn90ton.htm
I’m not here to argue

Puddington

• Crew
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +245
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2013, 09:47:55 PM »
So often we A@@hats pile on MTL for their inaccuracies or omissions, perceived or real.... I want to send them an "Atta Boy" for accepting some information about the CPR heavyweight coaches that have been announced as part of their upcoming runner pack.

Upon the initial release of the paired window coahces in CPR tuscan I noted the number wasn't correct for a CPR coach; the CPR had precious few paired window coaches, perfering the single window version.

Some time later I stumbled across a small series of paired window coaches, called Steel Colonist coaches – RN 2800 – 2814, built 1924, steelside and frame. These coaches are a near match for the model, ten paired windows, plus the washroom windows. The only difference of any significance is exact placement of the washroom windows and the roof vents.

It was purely by accident I discovered this obscure series; the information "wasn't where one might have thought it should be; I sent this info to Joe at MTL and the result was the revision of the two coaches in the upcoming runner pack into that very series.

MTL does listen to input; and in this case they have produced two very, very close models - thanks Joe and MTL !
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +7962
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2013, 11:08:46 PM »
I remember paying about that much for them, but not anymore...

http://www.atlastrainman.com/NFreight/tmn90ton.htm

Ya just gotta know where to look...

bman

• Crew
  • I gotta have more Conrail!
  • Respect: +160
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2013, 12:43:11 AM »
Did somebody say 100T hoppers in Conrail?  I could use a little more Conrail!  :facepalm:     Or maybe a merger pack of 8 with a one or 2 CR'd versions as well as patched and un-patched predecessor ones.  That'd be cool.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 12:51:52 AM by bman »

algowest

• Respect: 0
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2013, 10:21:34 AM »
Love the Algoma Central Ortner Hopper release.  This will complement my growing fleet of Kato ACR SD40's thanks to the plethora of these available....  anyone know if these ortners will be available as a multi-pack or single car only?

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +7962
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2013, 10:23:30 AM »
Or maybe a merger pack of 8 with a one or 2 CR'd versions as well as patched and un-patched predecessor ones.  That'd be cool.

sizemore

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +65
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2013, 12:31:40 PM »
Large packs of 100t hoppers in the works and if you have some ideas, please let me know and I can force the issue  :D 

Joe

Western Maryland, please!

The S.