Author Topic: HO Trains go Round and Round: Heavy Electric Modular updates.  (Read 818 times)

Hiroe

• Crew
  • Respect: +11
    • Urbex and Model photography
Finally got the primary 12 corner modules finished, enough for a complete loop.

Before installing all the tracks, at a work-session setup:

Set up at the EPTC bi-annual meet in Oaks, PA, with a number of straight modules added in:

No wire yet, but that's moving up to the project bench now. I also have some truth tables sketched out for working signalling, with each module having an inductive occupancy detector on each track.

Thanks to Chris (GreenEliteCab here on the forum) and Adam for their participation.

--Drew
To "call a spade a spade" is to speak honestly and directly about a topic, specifically topics that others may avoid speaking about due to their sensitivity or embarrassing nature. The Oxford English Dictionary records a more forceful variant, "to call a spade a bloody shovel", attested since 1919.

Philip H

• Crew
  • Respect: +690
    • Layout Progress Blog
Re: HO Trains go Round and Round: Heavy Electric Modular updates.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 10:48:29 AM »
Very nice.  I can't wait to see the wire go up.  Ar eyou doing custom masts, or mod'ing a commercial product?
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.

"Yes there are somethings that are "off;" but hey, so what." ~ Wyatt

"I'm trying to have less cranial rectal inversion with this." - Ed K.

"There's more to MRR life than the Wheezy & Nowheresville." C855B

Hiroe

• Crew
  • Respect: +11
    • Urbex and Model photography
Re: HO Trains go Round and Round: Heavy Electric Modular updates.
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 11:55:16 AM »
Very nice.  I can't wait to see the wire go up.  Ar eyou doing custom masts, or mod'ing a commercial product?

Philip,
I can't speak for anyone else; but all my work is custom. I build jigs for constructing everything as a set of standardized subassemblies, then just put all the parts together in place. Raw phosphor-bronze and steel wire, H column from Special Shapes, insulator castings from Titchy.

I'll take some photos tonight of the wire construction progress.

--Drew
To "call a spade a spade" is to speak honestly and directly about a topic, specifically topics that others may avoid speaking about due to their sensitivity or embarrassing nature. The Oxford English Dictionary records a more forceful variant, "to call a spade a bloody shovel", attested since 1919.