Author Topic: ExxonMobil terminates license agreement with Microscale  (Read 4518 times)

C855B

• Crew
  • Respect: +2285
Re: ExxonMobil terminates license agreement with Microscale
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2013, 12:40:03 PM »
^^^ +1. By far the most likely scenario.

There are marketing and corporate image consultants everywhere who get off on throwing around the weight of the contracted entity. Unfortunately too many of these folks in their ignorance vastly overestimate the impact and/or revenue from licensing to modelers.

And then there's the news blip I caught the other night, that law schools are pumping out attorneys at a rate the market can't absorb. So we actually do have too many lawyers. My take is this recurring XOM, UPS, GM, UP, etc., pettiness seems to be an indicator of the problem. :|

CoalPorter

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2013, 04:30:23 PM »
 "I require a Mobil station"

Actually, I remember buying some type of Walther's kit and it came with
decals that included Mobil and a few  other oil companys. :P
Positive Trading Post With JustTraincRaZy, Railhead, OldBillIndy, Freighttrain

nkalanaga

• Crew
  • Respect: +1325
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2013, 02:22:57 AM »
Many of the signs weren't painted on, so they could be done with printed images from the web.  Cut them out, glue them on, and you have the plastic or metal signs.
N Kalanaga
Be well

randgust

• Crew
  • Respect: +2035
    • Randgust N Scale Kits
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2013, 11:20:10 AM »
If you need to remind 'corporate america' that there are at least some model train customers out there that deserve both respect and possibly fear, depending which end of the transaction you're on :

/>
I keep searching in vain for a Mobil station on his layout.  Gotta be there somewhere.  Anyway, that got sent to Exxon/Mobil business affairs.

I laughed hysterically just a minute ago when the imbedded YouTube commercial just happened to be for Shell Oil.