Author Topic: N scale front loader?  (Read 11117 times)

Jbub

• Crew
  • HP 9999
  • Respect: +538
Re: N scale front loader?
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2018, 11:09:06 PM »
And since there are different sizes of excavators the size difference is moot. A z scale one could pass as a Cat 305 or 308 most likely.
"Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!"

Darth Vader

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4529
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2018, 11:42:37 PM »
The 1:150 scale TomyTec Komatsu PC 300 is very close in overall size to the GHQ model. 

Yes, they are quite similar. But personally I still like the much finer details of the GHQ model.
. . . 42 . . .

cfritschle

• Crew
  • Respect: +284
    • N Scale Vehicle Association
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2018, 03:05:14 PM »
Getting back to the topic of wheel loaders, the GHQ Cat IT 18F is probably the best one that has ever been available in 1:160 scale.

Unfortunately, GHQ has not re-released it with the bucket attachment.  (Cat calls the prototype an Integrated Tool Carrier rather than a wheel loader.)  However, as mentioned at the beginning of this topic, the IT 18F has been available for a number of years (nearly 20) with grapple forks for log loading.  It is really too bad GHQ has not released the bucket as an accessory so people could purchase the model with the grapple forks, and then decide whether or not to build it as a log loader or a wheel loader.

Also, the IT 18F is not a very large machine, about the same size as a "medium" horsepower farm tractor.  I have included this comparison photo of the GHQ model with a 1:150 scale Fujimoto Hitachi loader, and a a 1:150 scale Maruka Komatsu loader.  Both of the 1:150 scale models represent large loaders, so they are significantly larger than the GHQ Cat.  However, if you need a really large loader with clear windows, the 1:150 scale loaders would work in a pinch.  (My yellow Maruka Komatsu was no where to be found this morning, so the "military" version was used for the size comparison.)

I am really hopeful that a manufacturer of N scale models will realize that there is a demand for 1:160 scale construction equipment, especially if it is marketed with accessories so more than one option is available!

Edited for spelling and clarity.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 03:13:18 PM by cfritschle »
Carter

N Scale Vehicle Association
"For the modeler and collector of 1:160 scale model vehicles and equipment"
http://nscalevehicles.org/

wazzou

• Crew
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +1566
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2018, 03:50:36 PM »
I'd really like to see a model of the ubiquitous Cat 966.
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA

wazzou

• Crew
  • #GoCougs
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2018, 05:11:58 PM »
@peteski and others...No Bueno on the remaining stock.  He sold the last 2 at a show in Portland, OR in the last couple of weeks.
Bryan

Member of MRHA

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4529
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2018, 06:10:03 PM »
@peteski and others...No Bueno on the remaining stock.  He sold the last 2 at a show in Portland, OR in the last couple of weeks.

Thanks for checking. Those kits are really hard to find (well, the ones with the scoop attachments).
. . . 42 . . .

wazzou

• Crew
  • #GoCougs
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2018, 06:27:21 PM »
I bet the scoop could be cast by those that had a kit still and easily fit to one of the Heal Boom Loaders without much trouble.
Bryan

Member of MRHA