Author Topic: Circus decals and models wanted .  (Read 7170 times)

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +4210
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: Circus decals and models wanted .
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2013, 09:06:21 AM »
Be careful -- RBB&B protects their intellectual property such as logos and heralds, and issues licenses for the use of such for sale.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

Alaska Railroader

• Crew
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2013, 10:46:56 AM »
Be careful -- RBB&B protects their intellectual property such as logos and heralds, and issues licenses for the use of such for sale.

I was jazzed to see his product but also gave this warning to Matt. He says if the decals are used on authentic RBBB models then it is OK. I'm still concerned for him, he has quality RBBB decals and for other circuses but many of the other circuses have also been bought up by Feld Entertainment just so that they can control those rights also. Hopefully the worst that can happen is that they ask him to cease and desist but it could get ugly. Hopefully Matt you won't get fined for past sales.

Gozer the Gozerian

• Crew
  • Respect: +1100
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2013, 11:29:21 AM »
I am looking into expanding our line to include Ringling Brothers Decals since we have the rights for the time being.  This way folks can decorate their custom projects in authentic markings.  Stay tuned.

Joe
MTL
Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor!

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2013, 06:33:12 PM »
Wow Joe that would be so so helpful .

Richie Dost

Gozer the Gozerian

• Crew
  • Respect: +1100
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2013, 10:15:37 AM »
We submitted info to RB concerning the decals and waiting for a go on the project.  Will keep everyone posted.

Joe
MTl
Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor!

randgust

• Crew
  • Respect: +2035
    • Randgust N Scale Kits
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2015, 01:59:08 PM »
OK, so I'm going to resurrect this two-year-old zombie thread.

I've always been interested in modeling a circus train because of the local connection - the Warren circus flatcars.  Now that Peter Harris is doing them in N Scale Kits, you can actually have a 'right' vintage 70' flatcar, not a civil war car, not a 50' flat, not a TTX flat, the right car along with the Mt. Vernons.  So now I'm interested.

Looking for wagons needs updated since two years ago.   Did David's health issues shut down the DKS partnership in the Stonebridge models effort for those wagons?  That stuff looks wonderful but I can't find either sales information or much evidence it was made and that link on page one is dead.

I'm seeing the usual collection of MT circus wagons (thanks!!!) with many sold out, and I suspect there will be at least a mild run on these now with the 'right' cars. Those will do for a starter, but with a 70' car you're going to need four wagons per car now for accuracy.  Joe, if you can't make the car, you may have made the right call on the wagons at least.  Surprise!

I'm also seeing 7 different wagon kits from a "Sparkling Star Models" that I didn't know existed - anybody do any of these?

I'm not seeing anything on Shapeways, or brass etchings, am I missing anything else recent?

I think these cars are the missing link, and if anything is crying RP with the new material, this is probably it.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 02:07:58 PM by randgust »

sirenwerks

• Crew
  • Respect: +351
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2015, 04:06:24 PM »
Marks Metallmodellclassics - http://www.marks-metallmodellclassics.de/mainframe.htm -  makes a number of circus utility wagons, like a ticket wagon, and some other stuff, like a a big top.  Slightly Euro in design and a bit pricey but repainted and decaled they would work.

http://hotelcircus.blogspot.com/ has drawings for wagons.
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

prbharris

• Crew
  • Respect: +42
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2015, 05:50:10 PM »
I've always been interested in modeling a circus train because of the local connection - the Warren circus flatcars.  Now that Peter Harris is doing them in N Scale Kits, you can actually have a 'right' vintage 70' flatcar, not a civil war car, not a 50' flat, not a TTX flat, the right car along with the Mt. Vernons.  So now I'm interested. I'm also seeing 7 different wagon kits from a "Sparkling Star Models" that I didn't know existed - anybody do any of these?

Whilst not announcing anything, we do have a number of drawings and pictures that would be worth putting into Shapeways. I understand that Sparkling Star are still producing wagons in decorated form. I did see them a few years ago at the National Train Show when we had a booth, and I have had some contact since but not recently.

There is clear interest in N Scale Circus trains - and we will do more work on it! If anyone has particular wagon suggestions do get in touch.

Peter

Peter Harris
N Scale Kits
www.nscalekits.com

Philip H

• Crew
  • Respect: +1529
    • Layout Progress Blog
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2015, 09:20:15 PM »
I just ran across an eBay store today that I believe is called Circus Decals. They seemed to have a lot of the scroll work and letter sheet.

FOUND IT:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GS101-Metallic-Gold-Scroll-Circus-Decals-N-Scale-Cole-Bros-Ringling-/191637897968
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 01:50:51 PM by Philip H »
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.

"Yes there are somethings that are "off;" but hey, so what." ~ Wyatt

"I'm trying to have less cranial rectal inversion with this." - Ed K.

"There's more to MRR life than the Wheezy & Nowheresville." C855B

up1950s

• Crew
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2015, 07:56:11 AM »
A canvas covered rubber tire wagon . Ideally with removable canvas top , and different lump shapes in the canvas that one could swap so each car wasn't a clone .

http://www.gemcity-baraboo.com/images/products/294-1362_med.jpg

Richie Dost

altohorn25

• Crew
  • Respect: +3315
    • Mini Mod u Trak
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2015, 09:12:03 AM »
 :-X
A canvas covered rubber tire wagon . Ideally with removable canvas top , and different lump shapes in the canvas that one could swap so each car wasn't a clone .

http://www.gemcity-baraboo.com/images/products/294-1362_med.jpg

That is an HO scale wagon; I should know as my parents own the company that is currently producing them.

Nate
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 09:14:02 AM by altohorn25 »
Nate Pierce
Modutrak - Wisconsin Division
www.modutrak.com

up1950s

• Crew
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2015, 01:20:58 PM »
:-X
That is an HO scale wagon; I should know as my parents own the company that is currently producing them.

Nate

So how 'bout giving them a nudge in the N Scale direction Nate . Please .

Richie Dost

Philip H

• Crew
  • Respect: +1529
    • Layout Progress Blog
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2015, 01:51:10 PM »
Just pasted in the Decal link above
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.

"Yes there are somethings that are "off;" but hey, so what." ~ Wyatt

"I'm trying to have less cranial rectal inversion with this." - Ed K.

"There's more to MRR life than the Wheezy & Nowheresville." C855B

sirenwerks

• Crew
  • Respect: +351
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2015, 09:23:00 AM »
So how 'bout giving them a nudge in the N Scale direction Nate . Please .

Why not just sccratch that box on wheels?
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

up1950s

• Crew
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2015, 11:26:39 AM »
Why not just sccratch that box on wheels?

Here are some circus scratch built by me on my Chrome Picasa site https://picasaweb.google.com/up1950s

The problem is I can scratch it but I don't want to scratch 5 or more . If it was just box .... maybe , bit it is the chassis as well .

Richie Dost