Author Topic: Circus Update  (Read 1463 times)

Alaska Railroader

• Crew
  • Respect: +5
Circus Update
« on: April 30, 2013, 11:11:21 PM »
Its going s-l-o-w-l-y but thought I'd share a few photos. The water truck is a nice one from jimmo. The wagon is not done. The high wire is doing ok as is the trapeze for which I have no photos yet. We have dozens of items to go up on the site, maybe by next week. Because of the circus work going on in here my workroom is sprinkled with color everywhere!

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2098
Re: Circus Update
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 09:22:05 AM »
That's cool , it's like a hobby within a hobby . That high wire act is very well done . So far I have been pumping out shorty box trailers , none the same . All mine are flat bottom boxes of various lengths and all different sources , none of which are finished . I need to do that stepped bottom type sooner later .

Richie Dost

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4590
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 11:08:27 AM »
Sweet!
. . . 42 . . .

Alaska Railroader

• Crew
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 02:56:25 AM »
That's cool , it's like a hobby within a hobby .
You got that right. Before I got into the circus modeling I thought having splashes of bright colors and having a model railroad hobby could not coexist. This is very enjoyable to me not because it is circus only but because the creative juices and the imagination can go wild. One of these days I'm going to set up several of these creations on the circus tent diorama that David K Smith and I built. And yes, I will put a train or two on there. Photos will show up here I'm certain.

Pretty women in the circus. You guys can do this yourselves I'm sure, but here are 3 ladies doing the circus horse thing. What circus doesn't have them.....
On previewing this post I see I should go back and make the photos smaller since every little mark shows up, should make them N sized but I'm too lazy and its midnight here ;o}

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +4193
    • www.bbussey.net
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 10:23:11 AM »
Karin, you do make the figures and animals as well as the equipment?
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

Alaska Railroader

• Crew
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 02:25:25 PM »
Bryan, I'd be very rich by now if I made animals and figures ;P  I did, however, make the high wire rigging. The trapeze is even more elaborate and will have figures doing their aerial thing. The figures you see on our site in all of the circus acts are either Preiser, Merten, or Woodland Scenics. A lot has been invested in them and if only I could produce them myself......