Author Topic: Small Chain, rope, strapping??  (Read 2273 times)

bbeegle

• Crew
  • Respect: +1
Re: Small Chain, rope, strapping??
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2013, 06:37:59 PM »
Thanks for the info.

pnolan48

• Crew
  • Respect: +136
    • N Scale Ships
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2013, 09:17:27 PM »
I've bought from the fellow in Poland and been pleased with his response (and price).

There's a braid called a four-way sinet that ship modelers use for chains on 1:700 ships. It's tedious, and I'm not sure what size thread or wire to use for N scale. I used a random modification for some of my chain but, for the life of me, haven't been able to repeat it since making about six inches a few months ago.

rail and tie

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
    • Inter-Action Hobbies
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2013, 01:25:50 PM »
I've bought from the fellow in Poland and been pleased with his response (and price).

That's great news. Do you have to always bid on his stuff or is there a way to "Buy Now" if one wanted multiple items from him. I guess can contact him directly to answer that!!

Darryl Jacobs
Inter-Action Enterprises
www.interactionhobbies.com

""Leonard, check it out. I've bought an N Gauge locomotive. Half the size of HO. Look...it fits in my mouth!"

Alaska Railroader

• Crew
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2013, 02:08:25 PM »
That's great news. Do you have to always bid on his stuff or is there a way to "Buy Now" if one wanted multiple items from him. I guess can contact him directly to answer that!!

I wondered the same thing but saw that it was only a bidding auction. I bought a few items and am awaiting their arrival. You are correct, his prices are very fair, I even thought his shipping was fair but then he refunded me half of it after I paid. This is a good business man.

NARmike

• Crew
  • "From the Land of the Mighty Peace"
  • Respect: +1
    • N Scale NAR
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2013, 08:21:13 AM »
Mike would you have the name/mfg/part number of that 1/64" tape??

I'm still looking for my 1/64" tape... If I ever find it in this mess  :facepalm:  I'll let you know.

I can tell you that I bought it at Delta Art & Drafting Supply in Edmonton and it's found here on thier website... It looks like that manufacturer is "Chartpak".
 http://www.deltaart.ca/index.php/product_details/view_product/warehouse/00/part_num/92CHABG1501M

I also bought some of the 1/32" stuff they had at the same time and have used it to mask my railheads when painting track... worked pretty good too.

Edit:
OOOOOOooooooo.... looking through the site I found "Chrome" 1/64" tape...  :o  also comes in "Gold" and "White"... 
Gotta find a use for that somewhere!!!!
http://www.deltaart.ca/index.php/product_details/view_product/warehouse/00/part_num/92CHABG1519
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 08:34:58 AM by NARmike »
Mike Maisonneuve
Modeling the Northern Alberta Railway's Peace River subdivision in N scale
http://nscalenar.blogspot.ca/