Author Topic: Any Kodachrome fans out there  (Read 2603 times)

jmlaboda

• Crew
  • Respect: +162
    • Passenger Car Photo Index
Re: Any Kodachrome fans out there
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2013, 07:39:36 PM »
Like some of the others I first thought about the file... I have always wondered, though, how things would be if the merger had been approved... now that might be an interesting freelance project for someone to pursue!!!

mcjaco

• Crew
  • Respect: +105
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 08:56:11 AM »
^ There's an HO guy that did just that.  I think he's on Facebook.  He used to post at Atlas every once and awhile.

He had Dash 9's and the like painted in the Kodachrome.  It was pretty cool. 
~ Matt

nightmare0331

• Crew
  • Respect: +233
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 12:02:39 PM »
when I was rolling custom painted stuff, I always enjoyed painting Kodachrome since it was a bit more of a challange.

(sorry...it's HO )

I had always toyed up doing a completely lettered "SPSF" unit at some point, but never got around to it.  I always liked that scheme.

Enjoy!

Kelley.
www.dufordmodelworks.com

PGE-N°2

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2013, 01:36:02 PM »
Like some of the others I first thought about the file... I have always wondered, though, how things would be if the merger had been approved... now that might be an interesting freelance project for someone to pursue!!!

At the very least, it would have prevented the appearance of all those garrish FNSB units that are floating around these days. Their current paint scheme looks a little too much like a rip-off of the Milwaukee Road colours. The Kodachrome was much more appealing to the eye.
Director of Operations of the Kettle River Railway

See photos of the original owner's layout here:
https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/about-face/sets/72157603977732928/

It sounded like a good idea at the time... too bad the caboose wasn't in on the plan.