Author Topic: Hickory, N.C. Train Show in 2 weeks!!!  (Read 725 times)

jmlaboda

• Crew
  • Respect: +162
    • Passenger Car Photo Index
Hickory, N.C. Train Show in 2 weeks!!!
« on: March 21, 2013, 11:21:51 PM »
11th Annual NC Railroad Expo will be held on Saturday, April 6th at the Hickory Metro Convention Center, from 9am-4pm, exit 125 of I-40.

We typically have around 250 tables of models, rrdiana, videos, shirts, and collectibles, along with 3-5 operating layouts. We have had so much great response this year we had to get TWO show halls!!

Admission is only $5/adults, kids under 12 are free... Great food and free parking!!

All proceeds benefit the SE Narrow Gauge & Shortline Museum!!

Please spread the word!

For additional information click the link below...
http://www.tarheelpress.com/Trainshow/

jmlaboda

• Crew
Re: Hickory, N.C. Train Show in 2 weeks!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 04:04:22 PM »
Well, its gonna be HUGE!!!

Nearly 300 tables for venders... 6 operating layouts... this year's show will be the biggest and best ever!!!

jmlaboda

• Crew
Re: Hickory, N.C. Train Show in 2 weeks!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 05:26:02 PM »
It was indeed a great success with nearly 300 tables and nearly 1500 folks coming to the show.  Even as my daughter and I was leaving around 2 p.m. others were still coming in.  On the behalf of the Alexander Chapter, N.R.H.S. I wish to thank all, dealers and visitors... because of their effort the chapters' many projects will continue.  We have a 2-6-0 from the Virginia & Carolina that is undergoing cosmetic restoration and have several narrow gauge boxcars nearing completion... and we are fortunate enough to already have opportunity to expand the museum site, though just how quick this will happen still remains to be seen.  I will try to get some pix up soon of how things are coming along... some very rare pieces are in our possession and I look forward to seeing them finally placed on display for all to see!!!