Author Topic: One of my definitions of good modeling  (Read 2407 times)

mecgp7

• Crew
  • Respect: +270
Re: One of my definitions of good modeling
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2013, 03:28:52 PM »
So far I have managed to experience just about all of the previously mentioned mistakes.
My least favorite has to be when I instinctively try to catch an Exacto knife that has rolled off of the table :scared:

JMaurer1

• Crew
  • Respect: +292
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2013, 03:31:30 PM »
Was installing decoders in some locomotives shortly after Kato had come out with the NW-2 (I had just gotten my SP tigerstriped one). Don't know how it happened but somehow the soldering iron got too close to the NW-2 and melted the steps on one side. Can't fix melted plastic and even if I did get an undec shell, I was never going to be able to match the factory paint. That engine is still hiding in a box of other failed projects on a shelf somewhere...  :P   
Sacramento Valley NRail and NTrak
We're always looking for new members

sizemore

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +66
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2013, 04:12:46 PM »

True, but like the MT PS-1, they have there place as a nice gap filler until something better inevitably comes along.
They have also served to provide a number of crucial parts in the marketplace for bashes and other builds like below.

I will not argue with you there. So far it has been a fun project, and I'm quite content with my performance so far. A lot of projects look good until they are painted then all the gremlins come out. I'll post something for Sunday.

The S.