Author Topic: Traincat ordering  (Read 1771 times)

Tsail

• Respect: +1
Traincat ordering
« on: February 25, 2013, 05:49:32 PM »
Trying to order some n scale...purchase link down. Is he taking orders ?  Sent E mail shown on like...no response. JUST wondering..
Thanks for any feedback

daniel_leavitt2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +516
Re: Traincat ordering
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 07:21:59 PM »
I sent him an email before the deadline and did not hear back. I figured he closed shop early.
"My great and unmatched wisdom."

Tsail

• Respect: +1
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 09:24:21 PM »
Thanks for the feedback.... 

elnscale

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
    • Erie Lackawanna N-Scale Modelling
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 12:44:58 AM »
I sent him an email before the deadline and did not hear back. I figured he closed shop early.
Daniel,

What is the deadline to which you refer? What do you mean that he closed early?

I have had the same problem as the OP. I tried to order on Feb 3, links to purchasing online did not work so I sent an email to which I never received a response. This was an order for the barbed wire fencing. I had tried the same order by email last June, again without response. I noticed that traincat posted in late January so that is why I tried again.

I'd love to get the barbed wire fence (about 4-5 sets of the barbed wire fence plus two sets of the corresponding gates).

Steve
Steve
Erie Lackawanna N-Scale Modelling
www.scrantonstation.com

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +1918
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 12:57:40 AM »
I think Daniel was referring to TrainCat's rolling stock brass kits which were discontinued.  I thing that all the other items should still be available. IIRC, Bob from TrainCat mentioned that he is actively selling his kits on ebay (not through his website).
--- Peteski de Snarkski

-"Look at me, I'm satirical!!!"
-"Look at me, I'm anal retentive!!!"
-"Look at me, I have the most posts evahhhh!!!"
-"Look at me, I'm snarky!!!!"
-"Look at me, I have OCD!!!"
-"Look at me, I'm a curmudgeon!!!!"
-"Look at me, I'm puzzled!!!!

Ron McF

• Crew
  • Respect: +4
    • The Gulf, Colorado & Santa Fe Rwy
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 06:49:05 AM »
Ever since this thread:
https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=28678.0
I've been waiting for Bob's online store to re-open so I can order some tank car loading platforms.  I had plenty of opportunity to order them in the past, but just never got off my butt to do it.

I don't recall seeing any mention of Bob selling his products through eBay, but I don't follow all the forums/boards.  Hopefully someone can chime in and give us an update.

Regards,
Ron
Ron McF
The Gulf, Colorado & Santa Fe Rwy
http://gulflines.blogspot.com.au/

ai5629

• Crew
  • Respect: +114
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 07:03:31 AM »
I just checked EBay, and he has nothing listed for sale.  I was wondering what happened with the final freight car sale.  I sent an email for two G22B's on 2/3 and received an automated response.  I have not heard anything since.  The last thing I saw him post was in the DB4 thread (2/7 page 17).  Here is a copy of his response (I still haven't figured out how to quote):

BOB I requested a N G22b gon . You sent me this ( 1401601   PRR G22b 48ft Open Riveted Gondola, Includes Interior Details, Etched Brass, No Trucks, No Couplers   $38.50 ) . I asked how I pay you for it / order it days ago via reply , and regular eMail a week ago or so . You never got back to me , and I even brushed my teeth . At sea I am .
Richie,
I am getting all of the orders together now to see which ones I can fill right away or in two weeks when the brake gear castings arrive from PSC. I have plenty of kits (minus brake castings) to fill all the orders on most of the items. I sorted them out last night and was going to start emailing everyone tonight.

I am still hoping to get my hands on two G22B's since I snatched up two of the six DB4's Klein's had in stock when I got home from work last night.  If not, it is my own fault for sitting on my hands.  Thanks.

Jeff
Jeff Lopez

chicken45

• Crew
  • The guy who made DKS pee that one time.
  • Respect: +697
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 08:48:08 AM »
I messaged Bob on TRW, he responded requesting to email my order to him at discontinued@traincat.com or something like that.
I did, but haven't heard back.

I never got a confirmation back, and that has me a little worried. I'm not upset at all because of the situation, I just hope I get my stuff!

Josh "John" Surkosky
Darth Vader of Penn State
PRRT&HS Member
Bass Trombone Enthusiast
Bearded Dynamo
Kentucky Colonel

The Pig 
The pig, if I am not mistaken;
Supplies us sausage, ham, and bacon.
Let others say his heart is big—
I call it stupid of the pig.

brill27mcb

• Crew
  • Respect: +14
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 05:29:22 PM »
I have been unsuccessfully trying to order some freight car kits since last November, with no luck. Like Josh, my last attempt was to get an email in before February 15 as requested, and I had heard nothing. Really want an offset-cupola PRR N6b! (Oh, and the H22b gon and even the H30...)

Rich K.
Tomix / EasyTrolley Modelers' Website
www.trainweb.org/tomix
N-Gauge Model Trolleys and Their History
www.trainweb.org/n-trolleys

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +1918
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 01:52:22 AM »
Bob was going through some serious personal problems as shown in https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=27796.0
It is possible that his absence and lack of replies could be related to those problems.  I would suggest to give Bob a break.  After all, we don't want him to quit making photoetched brass kits altogether.  :scared:
--- Peteski de Snarkski

-"Look at me, I'm satirical!!!"
-"Look at me, I'm anal retentive!!!"
-"Look at me, I have the most posts evahhhh!!!"
-"Look at me, I'm snarky!!!!"
-"Look at me, I have OCD!!!"
-"Look at me, I'm a curmudgeon!!!!"
-"Look at me, I'm puzzled!!!!

JMaurer1

• Crew
  • Respect: +87
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2013, 12:16:20 PM »
I've pretty much experienced the same thing as everyone else (emailled w/ automated response but nothing else), but I'm being patient. I'm sure that he will return as soon as he can. Sometimes life takes priority (I was warned a LONG time ago that the best way to ruin a hobby was to also make it a business and have always headed those words). I want several (Southern Pacific) cars and cabooses but am willing to give a guy some time (other than the alternative of never being able to get them). I'm sure that everything will work out.
Sacramento Valley NTrak

robert3985

• Crew
  • Respect: +436
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2013, 05:11:06 PM »
Bob was going through some serious personal problems as shown in https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=27796.0
It is possible that his absence and lack of replies could be related to those problems.  I would suggest to give Bob a break.  After all, we don't want him to quit making photoetched brass kits altogether.  :scared:

I agree 100%

Ian MacMillan

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Learn to use the god damn search feature!
  • Respect: +58
    • Conrail's Portland Line
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2013, 06:45:39 PM »
Like others have stated Bob has had some very serious blows to his family that requires more attention to them than trains.
I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE!