Author Topic: Adding static weeds to grass & lighting question  (Read 2090 times)

mark.hinds

• Crew
  • Respect: +63
Re: Adding static weeds to grass & lighting question
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 06:46:58 PM »
<snip>
I know it isn't his installation, he's an electronic geek, our go to guy for some of us on this forum for all things electronics on our layouts.

Roger,

I wasn't thinking of an electronic issue (electrical installation of LED strips seems pretty straighforward), but rather that the spatial context of his LEDs was somehow unusual.  Otherwise, you would think that this would be a common complaint.  For example, I would guess that reflections from a point light source would vary significantly, based on its position relative to the track and to the viewer. 

I'm hoping I don't see this with my future installation, as I would expect any sort of diffuser to cut down on light intensity.  Mine will all be positioned behind the upper valence, and thus will all be in front of the track; hopefully this will eliminate the problem. 

MH
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 06:52:22 PM by mark.hinds »

rsn48

• Crew
  • Respect: +1
Re: Adding static weeds to grass & lighting question
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2013, 10:19:15 PM »
I was thinking if in front of the track, that may help.  I think the LED's are lighting is in the centre of the area he is illuminating, so you can imagine pin points of lights, many of them reflecting off the rail.
Hind sight is always better than foresight, except for lost opportunity costs.