Author Topic: DPM Interiors  (Read 7387 times)

The Dalles Hostler

• Respect: 0
Re: DPM Interiors
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2013, 07:00:42 PM »
Greetings all...
Yes, Ed Kapuscinski did contact me regarding my interior detail I will be making available through Shapeways for DPM's N-scale Cricket's Saloon. I hope to have it available for sale soon. Over time, I intend to design interior detail sets for the entire line of DPM kits. I'm starting off with interiors to fit the title of the kit in question, and once those are done, then I will entertain ideas for other types of retail store or office interiors. Another line I will be working up, are fascias to be used with DPM parts, like my Urban Fire Station. Funny story about that particular design; I had been considering a kitbash of Otto's Parts for some time, surprisingly similar to the fantastic project on the White River & Northern. The thing is, up until Ed had contacted me regarding my Cricket's Saloon interior, I had never been on The Railwire nor had seen the WR&N's project on his site. I guess it's just another case of great minds thinking alike.  ;)

So, if there are other project you would like to see submitted through Shapeways, please feel free to contact me directly or through Shapeways. As was mentioned in a previous reply, the more material required, the more expensive it'll be. I am going back through my older designs, and looking for ways to cut down the costs.

Thank you for your interest...

Steve Wilson
The Dalles Hostler

rogergperkins

• Crew
  • Modeling the B&O in central IL in autumn of 1940's
  • Respect: 0
Re: DPM Interiors
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2013, 07:43:35 AM »
I have built multiples of the DPM kits, but only was able to purchase the Tobias Locomotive Works interiors and roofs for a few.
Retrofitting the roof was generally simple, by ungluing the initial roof.
I found that use of the interiors could be creative and thus mixing of parts from some interior with others allowed
for a more unique interior than using the parts per label.
I make this comment with hopes that Steve's current efforts will allow for subdividing the interior parts.

It is obvious with the alternate façade project that Steve is already "thinking outside the box."  ;)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 07:45:18 AM by rogergperkins »