Author Topic: NSN PODS - able to reproduce?  (Read 726 times)

FEC Railway

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
NSN PODS - able to reproduce?
« on: February 12, 2013, 09:08:56 PM »
do any of the decal wizards around these parts know 1. how these decals were made: alps? screen? 2. by who for NSN? and 3. if the artwork still exists somewhere/ can be reproduced for both white and yellow numbers?

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +2812
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: NSN PODS - able to reproduce?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 09:38:34 PM »
Even if artwork wasn't available, this would be really simple to create from scratch (even easier after scanning the original decal for size reference).  Alps or screen printing couple easily handle this type of decal.
. . . 42 . . .

FEC Railway

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 09:57:35 PM »
know anyone that does that sort of work?  i had a guy in kingsland GA working on them but we got into an arugment over the "proper font" - i just want to duplicate the numbers and avoid having to repaint all my cars...

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +2812
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 10:28:01 PM »
know anyone that does that sort of work?  i had a guy in kingsland GA working on them but we got into an arugment over the "proper font" - i just want to duplicate the numbers and avoid having to repaint all my cars...

If you go to http://robdebie.home.xs4all.nl/models/decals.htm , about half way down that page there is a list of customer decal producers. This should be a fairly easy job for them.  I'm not sure what type of a argument you had about the font, but in order to properly reproduce these decals, one has to find a font that is either identical or closely matches the numbers on the original decal sheet. This font should be easy to match. Probably one of the Helvetica (Swiss) family of fonts.
. . . 42 . . .