Author Topic: My 3D work on a caboose  (Read 1153 times)

PJPickard

• Crew
  • Respect: +27
My 3D work on a caboose
« on: February 12, 2013, 09:42:53 AM »
In light of what Bryan has been sharing I thought I would show you guys what I have been working on. I am really doing this for me, but if it comes out well I might think of selling these. The project has a lot of personal meaning to me as my dad rode in these for years(NYC 1940-1976)

My plans as to exactly how I will make this are in flux, some will be RP, some photo etched, some laser(maybe)and some scratched and or cnc'ed. The final product will be cast.

Note I have not not shown any siding scribes and I don't have the benefit of a nice solid model of the trucks and coupler.  I made the simplified truck with all the right dims(Atlas caboose truck) but did not bother to accurately model it.  Also not shown are any rivets on the underframe or brake gear. It is still a work in progress.  Parts are different odd colors just to help tell them apart. Plan now is to use Z 905's, input here would be appreciated.

There will be lots to learn here as I test out various processes and methods.

Paul

on edit, despite reading(yes I used the search feature!) how to post pics, the sob's don't show up!
OK now they show up but double??!??!?!

Note - the images were also trying to be links to your flickr page, but the url tags were not well formed.  I removed the link tags and just left the image info. -gfh
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 01:08:03 PM by GaryHinshaw »

davefoxx

• Crew
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +6785
Re: My 3D work on a caboose
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 10:01:02 AM »
If you go back and edit your post, you will see the codes for entering pics.  They are sandwiched between {img} and {/img} (use brackets [ ] in place of the { }).  You can delete one of the codes, because there are two codes for each pic in your post.

As for the caboose, that's very cool.  I wish I had the ability to render 3D drawings, because I could use M-5 cabooses for the former ACL.

Hope this helps,
DFF

Member: ACL/SAL Historical Society
Member: Wilmington & Western RR
A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +4229
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: My 3D work on a caboose
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 11:13:19 AM »