Author Topic: Springfield Show Report - All Photos Now Live  (Read 14806 times)

SkipGear

• Crew
  • Respect: +629
Re: Springfield Show Report - All Photos Now Live
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2013, 12:38:30 AM »
Finally got time to check out the trucks. They are standard MT trucks with a PB wiper between the front of the wheel and the side of the truck. They clip on to the bolster arm of the truck and contact the front of each wheel face. They actually rolled pretty well but are not end axle point pickup. If you could trim them down a bit or blacken them so they were not so big and obvious behind the truck, it may be a solution when you want to use a specific truck style.
Tony Hines

wazzou

• Crew
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +1569
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2013, 01:19:44 AM »
They look like doo doo but certainly could fill a niche.  It just has a Rube Goldberg look/feel.  More for the N-Trak guy than the fine scale modeler.

No offense to the modular guys intended.
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA

VonRyan

• Crew
  • Running on fumes
  • Respect: +597
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2013, 07:19:07 PM »
They look like doo doo but certainly could fill a niche.  It just has a Rube Goldberg look/feel.  More for the N-Trak guy than the fine scale modeler.

None taken, seeing as how I wouldn't use them. (TRW is infecting my brain)
I would rather make my own wipers to adapt FVM metal wheelsets in regular MT trucks.

-Cody F.
Cody W Fisher  —  Wandering soul from a bygone era.
Tired.
Fighting to reclaim shreds of the past.

brokemoto

• Crew
  • Respect: +181
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2013, 08:27:57 PM »
Right, the MT trucks may  not be the best looking, but they are a positive step.  I do hope that they make these available on the archbar and Civil War era trucks, as it is the nineteenth century power, with its extremely small wheelbases, that is in the most need of electrical help.  I do hope that they do not create too much drag.   If so, they would be wasted on the nineteenth century power.  I wonder why MT could not have taken a bit longer and gone with needlepoint,  which is the standard, these days.

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4593
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2013, 10:01:50 PM »

In my opinion, MT came up with these (for their cleaning cars, right?) because the supply of Kato caboose trucks dried up, or because Kato was unwilling to sell them to MT anymore, or because the Kato trucks were simply too expensive.  :D

They will be fine on a cleaning car, but I wouldn't want to use them on "real" models.
. . . 42 . . .