Author Topic: Trainworx Trailers are now hitting the shelves....  (Read 2734 times)

PGE-N°2

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
Re: Trainworx Trailers are now hitting the shelves....
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2012, 01:59:02 PM »
Anyone have any idea why the Milwaukee Road 40' Corrugated Trailers aren't showing up at all on blwnscale right now? They were showing during the reservation period, and they were there just a few days ago. I was hoping to be able to grab some, I just have to wait a few more days. All the other roadnames and styles are still listed, that's the only one that's invisible, and normally if it was sold out, on that site it usually would say so .
Director of Operations of the Kettle River Railway

See photos of the original owner's layout here:
https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/about-face/sets/72157603977732928/

It sounded like a good idea at the time... too bad the caboose wasn't in on the plan.

sirenwerks

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2012, 02:14:11 PM »
Both versions of the Milwaukee trailers sold out at Kleins (modeltrainstuff.com) pretty fast. In fact, most of the trailers sold out there, and they get considerable stock usually. Trainworx definitely has tapped into a craving market.

Considering so many of the trailers are 60s-70s prototypes, and they're disappearing so fast, one could surmise there are a considerable number of modelers concentrating in that time frame. Which makes me wonder why other vehicles manufacturers aren't concentrating at least some effort in that range.
Now seeking Pacific NW N scalers to create a Modutrak-style modular club featuring NP's shared mainline between Seattle and Portland. PM me if interested.

Puddington

• Crew
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +237
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2012, 02:36:59 PM »
Those could be a "product of the year" candidate............

I'd be interested in knowing what other railroads and common carriers were big users....

Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

James Costello

• Crew
  • Respect: +162
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2012, 07:05:19 PM »
Considering so many of the trailers are 60s-70s prototypes, and they're disappearing so fast, one could surmise there are a considerable number of modelers concentrating in that time frame. Which makes me wonder why other vehicles manufacturers aren't concentrating at least some effort in that range.

Could be a lot of them sitting on 53' spine cars too!  :facepalm:
James Costello
Espee into the 90's

mplsjct

• Crew
  • Respect: +27
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2012, 12:31:02 AM »
Awesome, now where are the brown TTX 85' TOFC flats that were announced long ago?

I've been wondering this too for quite some time.
I’m not here to argue

nkalanaga

• Crew
  • Respect: +283
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2012, 12:39:57 AM »
Surprisingly, one of those red PRR vans sat, abandoned, here in Grayson, KY until earlier this year.  The Pennsy never came near Grayson, so I don't know how it ended up here, or why it was abandoned.  It sat in a lot across from the local Chevy dealer, next to an also-abandoned used car dealer, until the place was cleaned up this year.  I don't know when it arrived, but has been there as long as I can remember, and may have been there when we moved here in 1978.  It didn't seem to be in bad condition until one looked closely.
N Kalanaga
Be well

Philip H

• Crew
  • Respect: +481
    • Layout Progress Blog
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2012, 12:30:02 PM »
I received two of the ICG trailers yesterday from Chulivs, and they get 100 Me Gusta's.
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.

"Yes there are somethings that are "off;" but hey, so what." ~ Wyatt

"I'm trying to have less cranial rectal inversion with this." - Ed K.

"There's more to MRR life than the Wheezy & Nowheresville." C855B

PGE-N°2

• Crew
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2013, 01:15:19 PM »
Does anyone know of an online store that still has these in stock in decent quantity? I've been looking all over for the Milwaukee Road  - 40’ Corrugated Trailers. I didn't have the ability to pre-order them, and financing was not in place when they actually hit the shelves... Now I'm stuck with where to actually find any in stock.

It sounded like a good idea at the time... too bad the caboose wasn't in on the plan.

mu26aeh

• Crew
  • Respect: +858
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2013, 01:25:29 PM »
Does anyone know of an online store that still has these in stock in decent quantity? I've been looking all over for the Milwaukee Road  - 40’ Corrugated Trailers. I didn't have the ability to pre-order them, and financing was not in place when they actually hit the shelves... Now I'm stuck with where to actually find any in stock.

Mainline Hobby in Blue Ridge Summit, PA is showing in stock on line, not sure how many they have though.  Also show Mil. drop frame trailers too.  www.mainlinehobby.com

PGE-N°2

• Crew
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2013, 06:16:39 PM »
I checked it out. They have the drop frame model listed. Forgot to mention I'm looking for the corrugated side trailers.  The corrugated side trailers actually seemed to sell out faster everywhere. Commence griping about pre-orders and limited productions runs. Ahem!

Anyway, I guess I'll just have to try and find them piecemeal (they haven't been on Ebay lately). I might just order some, just to get the quantity I want, and not worry about duplicate road numbers  :facepalm: . Sacrilegious to say that on this forum, I know.

mu26aeh

• Crew
  • Respect: +858
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2013, 06:52:23 PM »
I checked it out. They have the drop frame model listed. Forgot to mention I'm looking for the corrugated side trailers. 

744-40234 MIL TRAILER MILWAUKEE 40' CORRUGATED VAN DIFFERENT NUMBERS -

Shows they have the corrugated too

wazzou

• Crew
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +470
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2013, 07:03:16 PM »
I missed out on the GN trailer.   :(
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA

Ike the BN Freak

• Crew
  • Respect: +30
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2013, 01:19:40 AM »
I'm waiting for the parcel PUPS which should be out this month.

same here...all 18, but according to Pat none of the pups are coming as UPS, but going to include a decal sheet...so we'll see.