Author Topic: DeLuxe January 2013 Announcements  (Read 3272 times)

Dave Ferrari

• Crew
  • Respect: +13
    • DeLuxe Innovations
DeLuxe January 2013 Announcements
« on: January 18, 2013, 10:33:46 PM »
Hello everyone, we posted our January 2013 product announcements, visit this link to see them: http://www.deluxetrains.com/announcements012013.html Also, there will be 40' corrugated containers shipping to the U.S. this month: #505081 Matson, #505491 U.S. Navy, #5131 Zim, #5011 Dimi Data Brown Thanks!
Dave Ferrari
T-TRAK, modules for all the people!

Hyperion

• Crew
  • Respect: +19
Re: DeLuxe January 2013 Announcements
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 10:46:57 PM »
Hey Dave, any updates on these items I've been anxiously awaiting:

53' Ex-Post & Corrugated Containers (all of them)
Coast Guard 7th District car (these USCG cars are too far apart -- I'll be on the hook for over 20 years for a full collection) ;)
Tractor Decals
-Mark

lock4244

• Crew
  • Respect: +584
    • My train pics
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 12:02:15 PM »
Dave, any idea on expected delivery of the CAST 20' 2 packs and OOCL 40' five packs?

Dave Ferrari

• Crew
    • DeLuxe Innovations
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 10:39:36 PM »
Hey Dave, any updates on these items I've been anxiously awaiting:

53' Ex-Post & Corrugated Containers (all of them)
Coast Guard 7th District car (these USCG cars are too far apart -- I'll be on the hook for over 20 years for a full collection) ;)
Tractor Decals
Mark,

The 53' ex-post containers use the same mold base and floor as the 53' corrugated container. That tooling is still being held hostage by the old factory. Unfortunately, we can't do anything with them until the tooling is released. I am thinking about having the ex-post made elsewhere though so we have something in the 53' arena to work with.

The Coast Guard boxcar will come out later this year, it's scheduled for the second quarter.Hang in there please.

Dave
Dave Ferrari

Dave Ferrari

• Crew
    • DeLuxe Innovations
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 10:51:48 PM »
Dave, any idea on expected delivery of the CAST 20' 2 packs and OOCL 40' five packs?
The CAST 20' 2-packs are scheduled for the 2nd quarter but that doesn't look too firm at the moment, it should be sometime this year. The OOCL 40' 5-packs are hi-cubes and that tooling is being help captive by the old factory. We won't be able to release any projects using that body style until it is released to us.

Dave
Dave Ferrari

fredmoehrle

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 12:10:07 PM »
Another question Dave,
Are the ACF two bay hoppers being held hostage too?
A couple years ago, DI announced some Ann Arbor hoppers,  then two LHS closed, and I'm not sure if I missed them or not.

lock4244

• Crew
    • My train pics
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 02:09:05 AM »
Thanks for the update, Dave. That must be a massively irritating situation to be in and I sure hope it is brought to a speedy conclusion... although I guess that doesn't happen over in China often.

If I may, I sure hope you have plans once you get your tooling back to do some container schemes from the 70's and 80's (CP ships would be nice). I'm suppose contemporary sells well, however there are a lot of Trainworx 85' flats out there that need some retro cans.

Dave Ferrari

• Crew
    • DeLuxe Innovations
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 02:57:19 PM »
Another question Dave,
Are the ACF two bay hoppers being held hostage too?
A couple years ago, DI announced some Ann Arbor hoppers,  then two LHS closed, and I'm not sure if I missed them or not.
Fred,

You did not miss the AA cars, the 2-bay hopper tooling is MIA too.

Dave
Dave Ferrari

Dave Ferrari

• Crew
    • DeLuxe Innovations
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 03:03:11 PM »
Thanks for the update, Dave. That must be a massively irritating situation to be in and I sure hope it is brought to a speedy conclusion... although I guess that doesn't happen over in China often.

If I may, I sure hope you have plans once you get your tooling back to do some container schemes from the 70's and 80's (CP ships would be nice). I'm suppose contemporary sells well, however there are a lot of Trainworx 85' flats out there that need some retro cans.
It sure is massively irritating! But this too shall pass.

I guess you would be happy if we made a version of the 40' sheet and post container using our 40' reefer tooling? That mold is in PA and in production. Basically, a new nose to "un-reefer" it and we're good to go. Not that I'm getting a quote from the machine shop or anything.  :D

Dave
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 03:11:28 PM by Dave Ferrari »
Dave Ferrari

m301

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
    • When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 04:34:21 PM »
When do you expect th promised N scale Max-Stacks?
Seems like quite a few N Scale items are out of stock.
Drive carefully. It's not only cars that can be "recalled" by their maker.

Dave Ferrari

• Crew
    • DeLuxe Innovations
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 10:22:56 PM »
When do you expect th promised N scale Max-Stacks?
Seems like quite a few N Scale items are out of stock.
We are supposed to be getting a running sample of the Maxi-IV before Chinese New Year. Once it is approved, production will follow quickly. That's the best I can tell you at this point.

Dave
Dave Ferrari

Dave Ferrari

• Crew
    • DeLuxe Innovations
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 10:30:27 PM »
We are supposed to be getting a running sample of the Maxi-IV before Chinese New Year. Once it is approved, production will follow quickly. That's the best I can tell you at this point.
Today we got the news that the Maxi-IV sample wasn't completed before Chinese New Year. Now the earliest it will be here is late February.

Dave
Dave Ferrari

Scottl

• Crew
  • Respect: +1139
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2013, 10:35:07 PM »
Looking forward to those Maxi's.  I think they'll be worth the wait! :D

Smike

• Crew
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2013, 11:40:08 AM »
Thanks for the updates Dave!

Missed opportunity costs are growing on  53’ container / trailer in Nscale.  So many spine cars and flats are running around empty on a lot of layouts.

At what point does it make sense to cut bait and create new molds to get something to market to cash in, before someone else fills the void? I’m hoping it can be DI, as I love the quality of the work from you.

lock4244

• Crew
    • My train pics
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2013, 02:52:19 PM »
It sure is massively irritating! But this too shall pass.

I guess you would be happy if we made a version of the 40' sheet and post container using our 40' reefer tooling? That mold is in PA and in production. Basically, a new nose to "un-reefer" it and we're good to go. Not that I'm getting a quote from the machine shop or anything.  :D

Dave

I have difficulty finding shots of CP Ships containers on the interwebs, however I've seen 20' cans with sheet sides and a corrugated end. Wonder if the 40' cans were the same? I'm not super keen on 100% proto fidelity, I just have a lot of foobed CP and CN 85' flats that need to be loaded with containers from the 80's. Any CP Ships would be most appreciated! Terra Transport would be nice, too  ;)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 02:58:53 PM by lock4244 »