Author Topic: Greenbergshow ad on TV  (Read 1229 times)

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2103
Greenbergshow ad on TV
« on: January 02, 2013, 11:31:12 PM »
Never saw an ad for any train show on TV ( chan 11 PIX ) before , and they had pictures and everything .

Richie Dost

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4596
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: Greenbergshow ad on TV
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 11:40:35 PM »
In the past I've seen ads on local cable channels for the show at the Big E in Springfield MA.
. . . 42 . . .

C855B

• Crew
  • Respect: +2285
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 11:50:20 PM »
Great Train Expo advertises their three shows here (STL market) on a couple of the major stations, starting the weekend before. It's a 15-second spot typically appearing between 10:30 and 11:00 p.m. Our club's faux crossing signal is one of the vid bites.

WGH also buys TV ads, and arranges for live promo coverage on local human-interest news segments of the morning shows.

Hyperion

• Crew
  • Respect: +19
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 11:54:11 PM »
Hey, that reminds me:  The WGH show is here in Fort Worth this weekend.

Still back-and-forth on going.  Last time I went here in Fort Worth -- like in '04 or something -- it kinda sucked.  A TON of people, which was good I guess, but only a handful of layouts (of which only a couple were any good or even remotely close to 'done') and most of the 'vendors' were just selling junk. 
But up in Omaha when it came through about 3 years ago it was slightly better.  Not good enough to justify the $24 to get in (+wife) plus $40 in fuel to drive there, but better than Fort Worth's show was.
-Mark

C855B

• Crew
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 12:15:36 AM »
Oooo... thanks for the reminder, Mark. I almost forgot that WGH is in St. Louis the following weekend (1/12-13), so I'm curious to see their TV ad density in our market. Our club (Mississippi Valley N Scalers) will be combining resources with the Nashville, TN club for a 28'x56' U-shaped N-Trak layout. It's at the downtown convention center.

Most recent WGH I attended was last January in Indy, also with the club and layout. It wasn't the best of shows vis-a-vis dealers (actually, very disappointing). Layouts were OK to pretty interesting, though I too was a little surprised by the number of "under construction" layouts or modules at the show.

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4596
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 12:27:37 AM »
Layouts were OK to pretty interesting, though I too was a little surprised by the number of "under construction" layouts or modules at the show.

Maybe to show the "unwashed masses" just how a layout is constructed?
. . . 42 . . .

C855B

• Crew
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 12:35:29 AM »
Nah... from what we heard, apparently not by intent. Since our club has a hard-and-fast "no unfinished modules" rule, we received numerous positive comments about the change of pace from the local layouts. Evidently the stages of incompleteness in the regular local layouts were perceived as a perennial issue.

C855B

• Crew
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 12:05:35 AM »
WGH commercials... 30-second spots last night (Monday) and tonight on the ABC affiliate: one in prime time, one during Jimmy Kimmel. Really pushing the "kids are free!" and Thomas-train-ride angles. This is the same commercial as was run in Indy a year ago.