Author Topic: Does anyone have photos of the inside of an old Kato F7 A-Unit?  (Read 881 times)

Bart1701

• Crew
  • Respect: +135
I am installing a Digitrax DZ125 in an Aztec milled frame for one of Kato's early F-7 A-Units. I am running into some issues with its re-assembly - specifically around the light board and the black shroud that goes on top of the frame near the front. Any photos of how this all fits together would be helpful.

It looks as if the side of the light board that has the resistor on it faces down, and that the black shroud helps to force contact between the silver pads on the bottom of the light board and the frame.

I should have taken some photos before I took it apart to send the frame into Aztec...so, I am hoping someone on the forum will have some photos for me to refer to.

Thanks,
Bart

bc6

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
    • PRLX Leasing
Re: Does anyone have photos of the inside of an old Kato F7 A-Unit?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 10:04:41 PM »
You may want to take a look at the TCS decoder install pages it may help you.

http://www.tcsdcc.com/public_html/Customer_Content/Installation_Pictures/N_Scale/N_Search/search.html

Bart1701

• Crew
  • Respect: +135
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 10:26:18 PM »
Thanks!  I studied the frame some more after posting this question and my son and I figured it out. The TCS site showed me what I needed to see and also confirmed that my son and I had figured it out correctly.

I had not noticed that there was a slot cut out inside the frame for the light board to fit into. I was thinking that it rested on top of the frame and was held down by the black plastic shroud. I should have taken pictures or made notes when I disassembled everything  :x

Bart. 

bc6

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
    • PRLX Leasing
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 11:41:38 PM »
Glad I could help out a little.

CodyO

• Crew
  • Cody Orr-SPF
  • Respect: +194
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 01:14:49 AM »
The TCS install pictures are great I've used all Digitrax but there still helpful for whatever decoder your installing
Modeling the Pennsylvania Middle Division in late 1954
             Nothing Will Stop The US Air Force