Author Topic: Weekend Update 1/6/13  (Read 18337 times)

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4596
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: Weekend Update 1/6/13
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2013, 03:23:38 AM »
They don't track well, and the pantographs have trouble reaching scale height wire.  Gregg's pans, at least, look a lot better. 

Those to me look like the stock Kato GG1 units (and that is not a bad thing, except that they aren't sprung).
. . . 42 . . .

nkalanaga

• Crew
  • Respect: +1326
« Reply #121 on: January 17, 2013, 01:37:44 AM »
Ohhhh....  Those won't do me any good at all, as I do have overhead wire.  It isn't powered, but the pans need to be able to follow it.  The Overland pans work well enough, they just don't have the reach, so have to be mounted a little higher than prototype.  Not a problem on Kato electrics, as the mount has to be custom designed anyway...
N Kalanaga
Be well

CodyO

• Crew
  • Cody Orr-SPF
  • Respect: +194
« Reply #122 on: January 17, 2013, 04:51:04 PM »
Full roundhouse, highly in need of a staging yard of course that means buy more engines and rolling stock from ebay!
C&O 2-10-2 will become an Erie 2-10-2 already has a digitrax board in it and I`m pretty impressed with it thing had no problem pulling 30 mixed cars around my tightest oval
Can totally see another one ending up in the stable for big coal drags up the helix

Oh and to the guy who custom decaled it you did a good job but I`m tearing them off!
Modeling the Pennsylvania Middle Division in late 1954
             Nothing Will Stop The US Air Force

craigolio1

• Crew
  • Respect: +1636
« Reply #123 on: January 19, 2013, 12:01:36 AM »
The SD-40 cab fronts worked great in the RS-11 cab.  I just happened to have some old Kato cabs in my parts bin. As for windows ..you can always use some future floor wax (Pledge with Future Shine  as it is now called) to fill in the window holes.   It actually works really well for n scale.  Paint, decal and dullcote first and then fill in the windows with a small brush as the very last step.  It is a thin acrylic liquid that dries crystal clear.   What are you using for decals for the Pacific Starlight logo?

I'll send you a PM as well since this is an old thread, (been out of town)  but I have a set of N scale decals for 601 and Borealis that Mark did before he closed up ORO decals.  Highball bought the rights to the catalog so they could materialize again.  Thanks for the tip about Future.  I was planning on using Crystal Clear but I really want flat looking windows.  I'l hate for the windows to be a big blemish on the front of a train I've spend hundreds of hours building.

Craig