Author Topic: Updated my inventory of rolling stock and engines, then made a mistake...  (Read 3510 times)

Kisatchie

• Crew
  • Respect: +62
Re: Updated my inventory of rolling stock and engines, then made a mistake...
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2013, 10:50:17 AM »
Know how that was...my mother always said I had too much...

Yeah! I know what you mean. Someone (I won't say who) once asked me (in a snooty way) why I needed so many freight cars. I was sorely tempted to ask him/her why they needed so much stocks (stock market). But that would have started a range war. :facepalm:

Hmm... I'm so thankful
my treehouse isn't full
of bullet holes...

Two scientists create a teleportation ray, and they try it out on a cricket. They put the cricket on one of the two teleportation pads in the room, and they turn the ray on.
The cricket jumps across the room onto the other pad.
"It works! It works!"

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4590
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2013, 04:08:57 PM »
Know how that was...my mother always said I had too much...even when all my N scale rolling stock fit into a shoe box, but that's because dad is an HO'er.

So what would she rather have you spend your money on?  H0, blow, girls, booze or just stash it under the mattress?
. . . 42 . . .

VonRyan

• Crew
  • Running on fumes
  • Respect: +597
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2013, 06:58:31 PM »
Why would you be worried?  You don't have a "little women" (wifey) at home, waiting to catch you bringing home expensive hobby stuff.

True, I have my grandmother who hates it when I bring even a pack of FVM wheelsets home. home. She doesn't realize that model railroaders are naturally "disorganized", making use of "organized chaos".
Cost isn't the problem (sometimes it is) its mostly because I "spread out too much".

I don't leave the house except for train related things, or have any friends that are into "hanging out" since my friends are the guy in the N-Trak club.

I guess spending money is my vice...

-Cody F.
Cody W Fisher  —  Wandering soul from a bygone era.
Tired.
Fighting to reclaim shreds of the past.