Author Topic: The LIRR Industrial Service, Inc. shelf layout  (Read 36547 times)

Lemosteam

• Crew
  • PRR, The Standard Railroad of my World
  • Respect: +1441
    • Designer at Keystone Details
Re: The LIRR Industrial Service, Inc. shelf layout
« Reply #270 on: January 19, 2020, 09:13:25 PM »
+5
Been a very long time since I posted anything on my layout. I had been wavering on adding PRR catenary to the elevated main using my etched Cat poles and had the all folded and assembled but became worried that the FUD K braces were too weak to be reliable, especially since the cat poles are on magnets, and designed to be removable.

I bit the bullet and used the remaining cat etches to fab the K braces and solder them in.

Meanwhile, I also decided to add an electrical substation to add interest on the right side of the channel.  I was going to put it down on the end of the duck under but it just looks so good where I was photographing it that I decided to keep the location.

Here is a shot of the structure on my practice diorama:

Added earlier to the scene is an old lines east signal bridge that I purchased from DKS  You can see it in the image below.

Anyway, here are some images of the substation, it's building, superstructure and printed electrical transformers and such. Up on the elevated main, there is a structure to receive the power from the substation to feed the imaginary trolley wires. I am still debating adding the trolley wire and supports, but leaning toward doing it, un-powered. I have no illusions about the pain involved in powering the loco from the trolley wire.

Substation off the layout:

Substation location on the layout:

Electrical components for the substation:

Substation, cat poles, tower, signal bridge and wire transfer structure (uo on the main):

Here are all the parts for the electrification, counter-clockwise from bottom right, substation superstructure, wire transfer structure, signal bridge, and K brace cat poles, there are eight total.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 09:26:00 PM by Lemosteam »

wazzou

• Crew
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +615
« Reply #271 on: January 19, 2020, 09:39:10 PM »
+1
But, but, but...why didn't you make the transformers I wanted?   :trollface: ;) :D
Nice job.  Glad to see this active again.
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA

Lemosteam

• Crew
« Reply #272 on: January 19, 2020, 09:43:56 PM »
LOL! @wazzou !

It's been active for some time- I actively look at it whilst doing CAD for everyone else, JK  :trollface:

Seriously thoug I plan on spending more time on it, mainly for ME.

Thanks!

Lemosteam

• Crew
« Reply #273 on: January 26, 2020, 08:48:56 PM »
+3
Got the superstructure and signal bridge painted and decided on the final location. Wires next.