Author Topic: NCE Auto Switch & bus wiring  (Read 1611 times)

bc6

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
    • PRLX Leasing
NCE Auto Switch & bus wiring
« on: December 06, 2012, 08:51:23 PM »
Recently i decided that I wanted a real programming track instead of programming on the mainline. I got a NCE Auto Switch instead of a dpdt toggle switch.

Programming is fine but i took apart my bus wiring, so i have feeders going to the mainline & feeders going to programming track from the auto switch.

My question is those wires going to the mainline from the auto switch can i connect them to my bus and continue to wire my layout as i did in the past.

I dont know how else to better explain what Im talking about than how Ive done it.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 07:24:24 PM by bc6 »

mmyers

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +47
Re: NCE Auto Switch & bus wiring
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 11:38:15 PM »
My question is those wires going to the mainline from the auto switch can i connect them to my bus and continue to wire my layout as i did in the past.

Yes. All wires to the main line get connected to the Main terminals of the Autoswitch. Only the programming track wires get connected to the Program terminals. That way all track power is routed through the Autoswitch. When programming, only the program track sees program packets.

bc6

• Crew
    • PRLX Leasing
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 05:01:49 AM »
Recently i decided that I wanted a real programming track instead of programming on the mainline. I got a NCE Auto Switch instead of a dpdt toggle switch.

Programming is fine but i took apart my bus wiring, so i have feeders going to the mainline & feeders going to programming track from the auto switch.

I dont know how else to better explain what Im talking about than how Ive done it.

Cool thanks.

jprince46

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 11:05:06 AM »
The auto switch works like a dream.  I have it installed on my layout and having a separate programming track has saved me many times over.  Just make sure to isolate the track from the rest of the layout and you are off and running :D