Author Topic: Product Announcement - Briggs Models MLW M-420 & M-420B Kits  (Read 5149 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

lock4244

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4586
  • Respect: +886
    • My train pics
Re: Product Announcement - Briggs Models MLW M-420 & M-420B Kits
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2012, 12:27:54 PM »
0
Anyone have suggestions for headlight lenses and possible class light lenses for these? I suppose MV Lenses for the headlights (#700), however are there anything that can be used for the class lights (besides paint)?

Scottl

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5307
  • Respect: +2619
Re: Product Announcement - Briggs Models MLW M-420 & M-420B Kits
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2012, 10:37:23 PM »
0
I've made class lights with decal film and a lase printer for my CN EMD units.  I can't paint anything that small with precision.

BCR 570

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2470
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +5015
    • BCR Dawson Creek Subdivision in N Scale
Re: Product Announcement - Briggs Models MLW M-420 & M-420B Kits
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2012, 02:15:41 AM »
0
Jeff has painted class lights on a few of my locomotives, and I have also had success with the Microscale decals for them.

The MV lenses are very inconsistent in terms of availability.

For the headlights, fibre optic lenses are probably the best way to go.  The ones Dave McKinnon has installed in my fleet are made from .030" fibre optic and I drill the holes for him with a #66 drill.


Tim
T. Horton
North Vancouver, B.C.
BCR Dawson Creek Subdivision in N Scale
www.bcrdawsonsub.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3MbxkZkx7zApSYCHqu2IYQ

lock4244

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4586
  • Respect: +886
    • My train pics
Re: Product Announcement - Briggs Models MLW M-420 & M-420B Kits
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2012, 08:13:58 PM »
0
Thanks Scott and Tim, the advice is appreciated.