Author Topic: Weekend Update 11/4/12  (Read 16249 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Philip H

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9028
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1796
    • Layout Progress Blog
Re: Weekend Update 11/4/12
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2012, 08:57:09 AM »
0
No pics, because I was too harried to take them:

soldered down my first piece of track to bridge between the existing refinery section of the layout and second section.  It flows flawlessly and sets me up nicely to lay new track.
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.


Bendtracker1

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1546
  • Remember The Rock!
  • Respect: +1647
    • The Little Rock Line
Re: Weekend Update 11/4/12
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2012, 09:12:17 AM »
0
What do you guys think?


This scene is really looking great, gets better and better. Nice job.
Agree with the others, add a few taller trees, add some variation of the green, and maybe throw in some dead or dieing trees in a few places.
Just a thought for a variety.

mcjaco

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1754
  • Respect: +147
Re: Weekend Update 11/4/12
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2012, 09:56:01 AM »
0
With Trainfest Five days away, the twins sick, my wife sick.....well, I got alot of alone time during naps!   :D

Nothing photo worthy, but I painted a ton of shiny rolling stock trucks flat black.  Installed and painted the winterization hatch for the Soo Geep.  Installed FVM wheels on a bunch of rolling stock, and painted the gutters on my Oakwood depot.  I'm ready!

I also managed to find a part I had forgotten about for making the Delta trailing truck, and I think it may be the answer to me finally making the Soo Line mountain 99% accurate. 
~ Matt

Modutrak.com

sizemore

  • The Pitt
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2780
  • Respect: +146
Re: Weekend Update 11/4/12
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2012, 11:42:55 AM »
0
Nothing really train related other than I picked up the Silver Streak Zephyr as they are now making their way to the shops. I've been working on getting the "shop" truck up and running so I can start hauling crap to the dump to prepare the train room. Will have to start tracing wires in the basement to get it properly wired.

The S.

Thompson Sub: Instagram | Youtube | Website

delamaize

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2655
  • Gender: Male
  • Prairie Line Native
  • Respect: +1027
Re: Weekend Update 11/4/12
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2012, 12:42:55 PM »
0
Got tiard of waiting for a few detail parts for my A4, so I decided to go ahead and put paint to the thing, and I will have to say, it actually looks pretty damn good. I'll try to get somepictures up later.
Mike
Skookumchuck Belt Line Founder

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)

SecretWeapon

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 437
  • Respect: +41
Re: Weekend Update 11/4/12
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2012, 01:44:35 PM »
0
Totally blown away with all the good work this week. Including the new little N Scaler the BN Freack showed off. :D
Mike

lock4244

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4586
  • Respect: +886
    • My train pics
Re: Weekend Update 11/4/12
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2012, 02:38:10 PM »
0
I did some assembly work on my [HO scale] scratchbuild of a Canadian Pacific covered gondola. Still a ways to go yet though.




Prototype pic for reference: http://freight.railfan.ca/cgi-bin/image.pl?i=cp344518&o=cprail

Love those gons, and so far that looks really good, Chris.

SD452XR

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 267
  • Respect: +35
Re: Weekend Update 11/4/12
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2012, 04:02:24 PM »
+1
Completed my 5 Kato U30C's in the Milwaukee Road. They all have grabs, all weather window, mirrors, etc.

Steve




Bremner

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 450
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1
Re: Weekend Update 11/4/12
« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2012, 04:08:08 PM »
0
nice job Steve!

Roger Holmes

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1271
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +739
Re: Weekend Update 11/4/12
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2012, 05:07:52 PM »
0
Steve-- You got my heart racing with those Milwaukee U-boats (my cardiologists does not approve). 

BTW where do you get all-weather windows these days.  I used to use Sunrise but they are long gone.
Best regards,

Roger

There are 10 kinds of people in the world.  Those who understand the binary system and those who don't.

VonRyan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3108
  • Gender: Male
  • Yes, No, Maybe So
  • Respect: +691
Re: Weekend Update 11/4/12
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2012, 05:19:38 PM »
0
No modelling for me this week :RUEffinKiddingMe:

But my "I Like Trains Kid' t-shirt came in the mail along with this poster for the train room  :D



I would like it better if it said "Keep Calm and Train On" but this works too :lol:

Glorious!
I've been thinking about getting a custom one of the "Keep Calm and..." shirts done with "Keep Calm and Choose N-Scale" on it.

-Cody F.
Cody W Fisher  —  Wandering soul from a bygone era.

In Memoriam
Bill Kidd
Bill “Rep” Repholz
Erik Seidelmann

VonRyan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3108
  • Gender: Male
  • Yes, No, Maybe So
  • Respect: +691
Re: Weekend Update 11/4/12
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2012, 05:26:43 PM »
0
I went to the last operating session on the Camden and South Jersey Lines,

on Friday night. Another local well know layout, Dave Skinner's Kadee Railroad, will be coming down shortly after the two open houses coming up as part of Model Railroad month, http://www.modelrailroadopenhouse.com/,

Phil

Whose layout is the Camden and South Jersey Lines? I normally know the layouts by the owners name (not exactly the best practice). Sad to see that Dave is taking down his layout. Such a great piece of modeling. Hopefully this won't become a trend, and even more hopeful is that more SJ modelers will open their layouts to such great events as National Model Railroad Month.

-Cody F.
Cody W Fisher  —  Wandering soul from a bygone era.

In Memoriam
Bill Kidd
Bill “Rep” Repholz
Erik Seidelmann

SD452XR

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 267
  • Respect: +35
Re: Weekend Update 11/4/12
« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2012, 06:03:28 PM »
0
Glorious!
I've been thinking about getting a custom one of the "Keep Calm and..." shirts done with "Keep Calm and Choose N-Scale" on it.

-Cody F.

I used the GMM (Gold Medal Models) ones. They are pretty close to the ones the Milw Road used. I am happy how they turned out.
Steve

SD452XR

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 267
  • Respect: +35
Re: Weekend Update 11/4/12
« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2012, 06:12:04 PM »
0
There are still a couple details missing. I am waiting for a working strobe light to come out and the electronic bells. Just didn't like what was available and wasn't happy with the bells I was kitbashing. One of these days, when they become available I will add them.

Steve

conrail98

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1462
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +44
Re: Weekend Update 11/4/12
« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2012, 08:01:45 PM »
0
Whose layout is the Camden and South Jersey Lines? I normally know the layouts by the owners name (not exactly the best practice). Sad to see that Dave is taking down his layout. Such a great piece of modeling. Hopefully this won't become a trend, and even more hopeful is that more SJ modelers will open their layouts to such great events as National Model Railroad Month.
-Cody F.

Jake Evaul's. More have become open but some only open during the NMRA division meets, not up for general public. I'm lucky and a number I get to operate on as part of a rotating group. They feel bad for me since I'm in N scale.

Phil
- Phil