Author Topic: PRR H10 - Who's built one, and what did you use?  (Read 11026 times)

Kiasutha

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
Re: PRR H10 - Who's built one, and what did you use?
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2012, 12:57:56 PM »
Likewise, I didn't know about it 'till it was over; and would not have wanted to potentially bid against Cody for it in any case.
I wonder if the listing was a "goof" and intended to be $79 instead of $39- as are some of his other 2-8-0's?

VonRyan

• Crew
  • Running on fumes
  • Respect: +608
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2012, 03:08:31 PM »
Cody, I would not worry about the locomotive. The Seller offers
14 days money back, buyer pays return shipping. Shipping to you is only $3.25 so the most you'll be out on shipping should be around $8.00. If the engine is a bad runner  most times you can fix minor problems. I would not cancel the sale because that would hurt your ebay standing. You should ask the seller how well the loco runs? I don't see that in the listing and that will help your case if there is an issue          Rich

So i guess i'll just ride it out as of now.

I know I should have bought it myself.

(contact the seller)

I wish i had seen it... then i really might have retracted my bid. I don't think i'll chance it even if it gets re-listed so y'all can fight amongst yourselves for it.  :D  :trollface:  :facepalm:

-Cody f.

Cody W Fisher  —  Wandering soul from a bygone era.
Tired.
Fighting to reclaim shreds of the past.

VonRyan

• Crew
  • Running on fumes
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2012, 03:37:52 PM »
Ok, so to keep everyone up to speed...

Yesterday the Vollmer Special arrived.
That included 2 resin K4 shells, both warped, but possibly salvageable.
One partly bashed shell that was the start of an H10 (needs some clean-up and such, which will be done soon enough).
1.5 plastic K4 shells. One with a slice in the firebox (probably will fill it in with milliput), and the halfa is in good shape, missing the firebox, but the smokebox is good to be used.

So it leaves me with two major options (and some other minor options)

1- Use the plastic K4 shell and a half to make a new H10 shell
2- Use the already partly done H10 shell (perhaps with some modifications)

When i get a chance, i'll take photographs of what i have and what exactly i'm talking about so everyone else besides Dave and I will understand...  ;)

-Cody F.
Tired.

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +5515
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2012, 04:08:49 PM »
To straighten warped resin you can try running it under very hot water for a little a nd bending it back into shape. Once it is right run it under cold water.

Dave V

• Crew
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +8550
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2012, 01:40:03 PM »
Yeah, I'm sorry it's not all in great shape, but that represented almost all of my remaining Pennsy steam shells.  Another way to unwrap those resin castings is to heat them carefullywith a hair dryer.  My wife has a decent one with a low heat setting.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 01:42:37 PM by Dave Vollmer »

VonRyan

• Crew
  • Running on fumes
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2012, 11:09:48 AM »
Yeah, I'm sorry it's not all in great shape, but that represented almost all of my remaining Pennsy steam shells.  Another way to unwrap those resin castings is to heat them carefullywith a hair dryer.  My wife has a decent one with a low heat setting.

No problem with the shells. Need to figure it out sometime or another if i want to cast resin details.
I'm combining the one shell with the slice in the firebox with the black shell-half's smokebox.

The GHQ tender shell came in today (Thanks Max!)

For some reason the seller ended the sale early and so i didn't get the loco.
I'll continue trolling for a deal, if not i might end up with buying the loco retail.

-Cody F.
Tired.