Author Topic: Kato September parts sale is set of three tail cars  (Read 1140 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bbussey

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9384
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +6189
    • www.bbussey.net
Kato September parts sale is set of three tail cars
« on: September 08, 2012, 08:22:48 PM »
0
Haven't seen anyone mention this.  Kato's September parts sale is of the Cal Zephyr, El Capitan and Super Chief tail cars in kit form.  The drumheads are included, and probably the LEDs to illuminate them.  Sale runs through 9/21.

http://www.katousa.com/Zcart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=148&products_id=1189
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net
Bridgeport & New London in N scale


peteski

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 35320
  • Gender: Male
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +6660
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: Kato September parts sale is set of three tail cars
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 08:50:36 PM »
0
Too bad that this can only be purchased through their online retail store (which is not connected to their online parts order system). I often order Kato parts but I *NEVER* buy anything from their online store, so I really don't want to set up yet another online account, just for this special offer.  Most of their previous special part offers were done through their parts ordering system.

Call me silly, but that's my reasoning and I'm sticking with it.  :facepalm:
. . . 42 . . .

CBQ Fan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3531
  • Respect: +391
Re: Kato September parts sale is set of three tail cars
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 08:59:24 PM »
0
I bought the CZ Obs when they did one of their other parts specials.  I like these sales even if they don't have anything I want in a given month. 
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

Sokramiketes

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5404
  • Better modeling through peer pressure...
  • Respect: +2158
    • Modutrak
Re: Kato September parts sale is set of three tail cars
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 09:09:17 PM »
0
Doh!  I've been waiting to be able to buy parts from the El Cap transition coach since the drumhead in Budd end door is great for outfitting other trains without an observation at the end.  This is the first chance to purchase extras, but $75 is a little steep per drumhead!  I guess I could use another CZ obs for parts too...