Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
Home
Help
Login
Register
TheRailwire
»
General Discussion
»
N and Z Scales
»
Torn
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
2
Go Down
Author
Topic: Torn (Read 2383 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
vt_railroad_guy
Crew
Posts: 136
Gender:
Respect:
+17
Torn
«
on:
July 13, 2012, 05:07:46 AM »
0
There is an Intermountain BAR F3 on the bay for a decent price. The only thing holding me back is the paint scheme, which doesn't fit into my era. Everything else I have fits into late 70's. I know I could use some license and work it into the layout, but I don't know if I should. Sure is a nice looking loco, though. What would you all do?
VTRG
Logged
MichaelWinicki
Crew
Posts: 2096
Respect:
+335
Re: Torn
«
Reply #1 on:
July 13, 2012, 07:39:58 AM »
0
I'd get it– and run it with a lot of enjoyment.
My layout is set in 1970 and Train Masters weren't being run at that point even though a couple did make it to the PC era... But I'm running a TM because I like it.
The IM F-units are nice running locomotives. I have several and highly recommend them.
Logged
GimpLizard
Crew
Posts: 551
Respect:
+63
Re: Torn
«
Reply #2 on:
July 13, 2012, 07:41:55 AM »
0
Go with your emotions. Reason only zapps the fun out of it.
Logged
C855B
Crew
Posts: 11425
Respect:
+2893
Re: Torn
«
Reply #3 on:
July 13, 2012, 08:18:23 AM »
0
Which paint scheme? I can't find the listing on eBay, at least from your description. F3's on the BAR were good until past 1980, in both blue and blue/red/gray. This picture is from 1981. Notice that these are powered-up, on the readies at Bangor:
«
Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 12:58:17 PM by C855B
»
Logged
...mike
http://www.gibboncozadandwestern.com
Note:
Images linked in my postings are on an
HTTP
server, not HTTPS. Enable "mixed content" in
your
browser to view.
There are over 1000 images on this server. Not changing anytime soon.
daniel_leavitt2000
Crew
Posts: 6444
Respect:
+1427
Re: Torn
«
Reply #4 on:
July 13, 2012, 08:25:45 AM »
0
What an awsome railroad. If I lived in Maine, I would be all over that line.
Logged
American eyes, American eyes
View the world from American eyes
Bury the past, rob us blind
And leave nothing behind
SP-Wolf
Crew
Posts: 834
Gender:
Respect:
+2085
Re: Torn
«
Reply #5 on:
July 13, 2012, 09:13:54 AM »
0
Go for it. No regrets!!! You'll be sorry if you don't. Guarenteed.
My layout is based in the 1950's (SP). But I own locomotives and rolling stock up 'til the end of the SP.
Enjoy,
Wolf
Logged
sizemore
The Pitt
Crew
Posts: 2780
Respect:
+146
Re: Torn
«
Reply #6 on:
July 13, 2012, 09:14:58 AM »
0
Get it. Weather it. It'll fit.
The S.
Logged
Thompson Sub:
Instagram
|
Youtube
|
Website
Philip H
Crew
Posts: 9028
Gender:
Respect:
+1796
Re: Torn
«
Reply #7 on:
July 13, 2012, 09:30:28 AM »
0
Quote from: sizemore on July 13, 2012, 09:14:58 AM
Get it. Weather it. It'll fit.
The S.
+1
Logged
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.
Bob Bufkin
Crew
Posts: 6397
Gender:
Respect:
+44
Re: Torn
«
Reply #8 on:
July 13, 2012, 09:34:37 AM »
0
+2
So model 2 eras. Lot of folks here do that. Some even model 3 eras. If you get bored of one, just switch locos and cars and run another.
Logged
Bendtracker1
Crew
Posts: 1546
Remember The Rock!
Respect:
+1647
Re: Torn
«
Reply #9 on:
July 13, 2012, 09:40:28 AM »
0
Get it now while you can/if you can.
You might change your mind later and then it will be too late.
You could always re-sell it on the bay later if you decide not to keep it.
Logged
Allen...
The Little Rock Line
rogergperkins
Crew
Posts: 854
Gender:
Modeling the B&O in central IL in autumn of 1940's
Respect:
0
Re: Torn
«
Reply #10 on:
July 13, 2012, 10:12:20 AM »
0
Long ago I decided to take poetic license on my steam era layout and allow for a time warp. If one really has enough room, they can added a hidden staging yard to accomodate other eras and roll out those KATO SD70Ace's where a 2-8-0 just tred.
Logged
esa123
Crew
Posts: 109
Gender:
Respect:
0
Re: Torn
«
Reply #11 on:
July 13, 2012, 12:10:14 PM »
0
I do modern N, but have some HO and HON3 to tinker with just because I couldn't resist a few purchases. Get it! If your prototype side kicks in over drive then either sell it or you now have an excuse for a period diorama or shelf layout!
Erik
Logged
GimpLizard
Crew
Posts: 551
Respect:
+63
Re: Torn
«
Reply #12 on:
July 13, 2012, 12:57:57 PM »
0
Hey... there's a BL-2 in that shot. Behind the F-3 on the right. I wanna see more of that.
Logged
C855B
Crew
Posts: 11425
Respect:
+2893
Re: Torn
«
Reply #13 on:
July 13, 2012, 01:04:26 PM »
0
>...BL-2...
[chuckle] Heh. Yeah, I'll have to go digging through my slides. I'm not sure I was able to get a shot, light was poor (as you can see).
BAR was one cool RR. A buddy and I showed-up at the yard office without notice and told 'em we were visiting from Southern California. They instantly pulled out a couple of release forms, "Sign here... just don't fall in the turntable pit," and we had the run of the place.
Logged
...mike
http://www.gibboncozadandwestern.com
Note:
Images linked in my postings are on an
HTTP
server, not HTTPS. Enable "mixed content" in
your
browser to view.
There are over 1000 images on this server. Not changing anytime soon.
GimpLizard
Crew
Posts: 551
Respect:
+63
Re: Torn
«
Reply #14 on:
July 13, 2012, 01:08:42 PM »
0
So did you? Fall into the turntable pit, that is?
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
2
Go Up
« previous
next »
TheRailwire
»
General Discussion
»
N and Z Scales
»
Torn