Author Topic: Product Announcement from Briggs Models  (Read 10589 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

lock4244

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4586
  • Respect: +886
    • My train pics
Re: Product Announcement from Briggs Models
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2012, 12:57:38 PM »
0
Tim, I still don't see these listed on the Central Hobbies website.

lock4244

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4586
  • Respect: +886
    • My train pics
Re: Product Announcement from Briggs Models
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2012, 01:53:54 PM »
0
^ Bump.
^
^

BCR 570

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2470
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +5015
    • BCR Dawson Creek Subdivision in N Scale
Re: Product Announcement from Briggs Models
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2012, 08:13:49 PM »
0
I sent them the pictures for the web site listing some time ago but they are apparently backlogged with website updates.  They have placed their orders for the cars and when I have further news or see them there I will post it here.

Tim
T. Horton
North Vancouver, B.C.
BCR Dawson Creek Subdivision in N Scale
www.bcrdawsonsub.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3MbxkZkx7zApSYCHqu2IYQ

lock4244

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4586
  • Respect: +886
    • My train pics
Re: Product Announcement from Briggs Models
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2012, 12:28:19 AM »
0
Thanks Tim.

BCR 570

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2470
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +5015
    • BCR Dawson Creek Subdivision in N Scale
Re: Product Announcement from Briggs Models
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2012, 06:31:54 PM »
0
Message from Bill at Central Hobbies regarding the new NSC bcars from Jeff Briggs:

Our Briggs models shipment arrived today. I have put information on the kits on our web pages.

Regards
Bill Dixon
Central Hobbies



Tim
T. Horton
North Vancouver, B.C.
BCR Dawson Creek Subdivision in N Scale
www.bcrdawsonsub.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3MbxkZkx7zApSYCHqu2IYQ

BCR 570

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2470
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +5015
    • BCR Dawson Creek Subdivision in N Scale
Re: Product Announcement from Briggs Models
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2012, 01:29:52 AM »
0
Well I was in Central Hobbies this afternoon and saw the box of kits on the floor next to the till.  They hadn't been in the store more than a few hours and 16 had already gone back out the door to customers.  Not a bad start for this kit!

Tim
T. Horton
North Vancouver, B.C.
BCR Dawson Creek Subdivision in N Scale
www.bcrdawsonsub.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3MbxkZkx7zApSYCHqu2IYQ

nscalemike

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 400
  • Respect: +13
Re: Product Announcement from Briggs Models
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2012, 03:51:20 PM »
0
These look great. Anyone in the US selling them?  I've never ordered from Canada.

Mike

BCR 570

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2470
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +5015
    • BCR Dawson Creek Subdivision in N Scale
Re: Product Announcement from Briggs Models
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2012, 11:59:50 PM »
0
Quote
These look great. Anyone in the US selling them?  I've never ordered from Canada.

I will ask Jeff when I see him tomorrow, but I do not think so.  Central Hobbies will ship to the U.S. so you can order from them.  You can call or email and address your request to Hal or Bill.

Jeff will have some new product announcements this week, which I will post in a new thread as soon as I have them.


Tim
T. Horton
North Vancouver, B.C.
BCR Dawson Creek Subdivision in N Scale
www.bcrdawsonsub.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3MbxkZkx7zApSYCHqu2IYQ

Leggy

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 665
  • Respect: +48
Re: Product Announcement from Briggs Models
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2012, 12:10:57 AM »
0


Some QNS&L ore hoppers would be nice  :D

cv_acr

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2684
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +139
    • Canadian Freight Railcar Gallery
Re: Product Announcement from Briggs Models
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2012, 04:16:27 PM »
0
Some QNS&L ore hoppers would be nice  :D

Ore GONDOLA. Solid bottom, no discharge chutes.

Scottl

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5307
  • Respect: +2619
Re: Product Announcement from Briggs Models
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2012, 04:48:48 PM »
0
Hopper, gondola... we just need them!

I see all sorts of the new ones being trucked eastward on the 401 to Quebec.  Markings are AM, I assume for Arcelor Mittal out of Port Cartier.

cv_acr

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2684
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +139
    • Canadian Freight Railcar Gallery
Re: Product Announcement from Briggs Models
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2012, 11:38:52 AM »
0
The AMMC cars are being built by NSC and are heading up for service on the old Quebec-Cartier Railway which is owned by Arcelor-Mittal.

http://canadianfreightcargallery.ca/cgi-bin/image.pl?i=ammc4845&o=ammc

The old QNSL cars were built by Pullman-Standard, and some of the older Cartier cars were built by Marine Industries.

Naturally the two railways would have different cars by different builders. :)

Scottl

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5307
  • Respect: +2619
Re: Product Announcement from Briggs Models
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2012, 11:48:03 AM »
0
That's the one, see them pretty regularly on flatbeds.  I always forget about the gallery- need to make it my home page.

Not many square lines on it, might be a bit much to scratchbuild, but a Shapeways rendering might be a way forward.  If I could get a fleet of those, I'd start planning my Baffinland Iron Ore line (http://www.baffinland.com/MaryRiverProject/default.aspx).

lock4244

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4586
  • Respect: +886
    • My train pics

Leggy

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 665
  • Respect: +48
Re: Product Announcement from Briggs Models
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2012, 05:08:58 PM »
0
Ore GONDOLA. Solid bottom, no discharge chutes.

Nice one, Australian jargon is different to North America. For us if it's open top and has either a solid bottom or doors it's a hopper. Ignorance is bliss....