Author Topic: New InterMountain Z scale Hoopers  (Read 1893 times)

kbj99

• Respect: 0
New InterMountain Z scale Hoopers
« on: June 11, 2012, 01:18:27 PM »
New InterMountain  Z sacle hoppers Canadiain Wheat Board, Farmland Coop Ferrocarril Del Pacifico and Canadian Wet Noodle 6 road numers in each Due Jan/Feb.
http://www.intermountain-railway.com/reservationflyers/RF0612HONandZHoppers.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 01:32:36 PM by kbj99 »

tom mann

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
  • Respect: +998
    • http://www.chicagoswitching.com
Re: New InterMountain Z scale Hoopers
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 10:30:24 PM »
This car is great for the price of ~22 street.  The end assembly/roofwalk joint isn't quite assembled as nice as it could be - but this is true for N scale IM cars, so I assumed it would arrive like this. :tommann:

I hope they sell well for IM:  the road name selection and price imply a large run.  I'm not sure if the Z market is big enough!

ps:  I need to renew my Helicon license!! :oops:

ztrack

• Crew
  • Working to drive Z to all new levels!
  • Respect: +233
    • Ztrack
Re: New InterMountain Z scale Hoopers
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 11:30:24 PM »
Tom, I believe IM has done incredibly well with this release. I am told they are sold out at the factory. In our store, we have sold out of most of the road names. We have a select few remaining (NdeM anyone?). Much to my surprise, the Milwaukee you show was the first road name to sell out here. I thought it might be around for a while since it is a plain car.

I was very curious to see how this line would be received, especially since we have had Full Throttle cylindricals for years. Plus being long modern cars, they won't fit a number of era or smaller layouts. The next run of these is another interesting mix. I hope they do just as well as the first release.

I am just happy to see another big name get into Z scale. This is a great indicator that Z is on the right track and gaining in popularity.

Rob
Z, turning N on it's side since 1972
www.ztrack.com
www.ztrackcenter.com
www.ztrackresale.com