Author Topic: Budd Metroliner's Coming 2013 from Walthers  (Read 1653 times)

One of One-Sixty

• Crew
  • Respect: +3
Budd Metroliner's Coming 2013 from Walthers
« on: May 31, 2012, 10:22:42 PM »
Walthers has announced its first all-new WalthersProto release in HO scale will be Budd’s Metroliner Electric Multiple Unit (EMU). Based on the unique trains as they operated from 1968 to 1995, the car features all-new tooling that captures the unique profile of the coach, snack bar coach and parlor. All cars feature a finish to simulate stainless steel and have the markings of the Amtrak Phase I scheme. The cars will be offered with a dual mode Tsunami sound and DCC decoder or as standard DC models.

A deluxe edition will be available with production limited to just 350 four-car sets. These models will be finished in the Pennsylvania Rail Road paint and lettering, like the cars delivered for testing just before the Penn Central merger was approved. The cars actually entered service in Penn Central livery. The deluxe edition features factory-installed LED lighting and a set of Preiser EST team engineer figures inside. The cars will not be sold separately.

Cars for the normal sets are priced at $169.98 for DC; $259.98 with Tsunami and DCC. The deluxe edition set is $1,199.92. Delivery is scheduled for February–April 2013.
“My deeds must be my life. When I am gone, they will speak for me.”- Stephen Girard

Modeling a modern Pennsylvania Railroad 1996-Present

Green_Elite_cab

• Respect: 0
Re: Budd Metroliner's Coming 2013 from Walthers
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 09:06:56 PM »
I like how there are no dummies, and there is a lot of evidence to suggest that not all those "Amtrak" road numbers ever got Red White and Blue paint.

Most metroliners kept their Penn Central style paint until they were rebuilt by GE in the early 80s.  According to "Amtrak Annual 1978-1979",  only a handful of Metroliners ever got the Amtrak Phase I paint. 

Ian MacMillan

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Learn to use the god damn search feature!
  • Respect: +157
    • Conrail's Amoskeag Northern Division
Re: Budd Metroliner's Coming 2013 from Walthers
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 08:00:50 PM »
Would really like them to release these in Phase 3 paint. I need one to use as a cabcar and I'd prefer to just have to do the nose end stripes.
I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE!

Yes... I'm in N... Also HO and 1:1