Author Topic: D&H Rocky Mountain Empire (N-Scale) - Design Stage  (Read 9827 times)

Stourbridge Lion

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
Re: D&H Rocky Mountain Empire (N-Scale) - Design Stage
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2012, 10:40:26 AM »
Paul posted this diagram in another forum topic helping out someone else that looks to be something I need to also consider.  What do folks typically do for their Vertical Easements to make the transition from Grade back-n-forth to level' as in how long and at what angle?

Note:  Paul used some extreme % Grade in the diagram to better illustrate the point...

Stourbridge Lion

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
Re: D&H Rocky Mountain Empire (N-Scale) - Design Stage
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2012, 11:21:51 AM »
Currently the room is being used for storage and I got some stuff cleared out which allowed me to get better measurements and to my welcomed surprise I have a bit more room. So, here is the revised space and based on earlier conversations I think this is what the Aisle might look like for doing another concept design within the space.

I won't have the exact location of the interior wall studs yet but I believe I have the approximately placed well enough for conceptual designing. I have also marked off 1" on the exterior walls for supports and backdrop board. The wife and I are still not 100% in agreement on where I might place the Helix in the Family room but right now the conceptual designs will be using the 38x38 space the the left of the Fireplace but keeping in mind I might get the entire 38" depth space all the way to the right of the Fireplace

The Light Blue Walkways are 30" wide all the way through and still thinking a Multi-Deck design with 2 or 3 decks with the scenery focus being rouged Rocky Mountains with little to no structures. Depth of Deck #1 will be between 12" to 24" so View Blocks (also used for Deck #2/#3 supports) will break up the island area accordingly