Author Topic: The Little Rock Line  (Read 105539 times)

shark_jj

• Crew
  • Respect: +293
Re: The Little Rock Line
« Reply #765 on: April 02, 2024, 10:17:13 PM »
+1
Thanks for the insights.  Very impressive results.  I did find the same results with dullcoat reducing the effect of the panpastels when weathering cars so i have stopped doing it since the cars are rarely handled once weathering is complete.   Locomotives shells on the other hand can get handled quite often.  I have finally been able to get some of the Colourless Blender, it was out of stock for an extended period in my area and I was going to try fading some brighter cars to see the effect.    I'll post them when done.  Unfortunately, my wife has encountered some health issues so model railroading is definitely on the backburner at the moment. 

Bendtracker1

• Crew
  • Remember The Rock!
  • Respect: +1295
    • The Little Rock Line
« Reply #766 on: April 02, 2024, 10:20:56 PM »
You're welcome and thanks.
I'll be looking forward to seeing the results of the blender and picking up a tub myself.

I hope it's nothing serious and that she gets to feeling better.

Bendtracker1

• Crew
  • Remember The Rock!
    • The Little Rock Line
« Reply #767 on: April 02, 2024, 10:33:18 PM »
+2
This evening I got the finishing touches on the #439, but after seeing it through the lens, I noticed a couple more minor things to touch up.

Unlike the 434, the 439 was one of the unlucky GP7's that never got rebuilt during the CRP and soldiered on until the shutdown wearing this early maroon scheme.
I weathered it pretty much the same way I did the 434 and the others.  Pan Pastels and Panel liner.

I'm thinking about adding the all weather windows?  I have some JNJ Brass frets, but I'm also considering seeing if anyone could print me a couple.
I think I really need to add them?

Just for the record I used all Tru-Color paints for the last six builds.

This is about half of the GP7's that will make up my roster, There's at least four or five more schemes I want to paint up yet.
But for now, I've about reached my limit of building locos and I really want/need to get back to the layout and work on a couple of my scenes.

Lemosteam

• Crew
  • PRR, The Standard Railroad of my World
  • Respect: +3118
    • Designer at Keystone Details
« Reply #768 on: April 03, 2024, 04:51:57 AM »
+1
Allen,

All of these last few weathering jobs are amazing.  Just wow.

shark_jj

• Crew
« Reply #769 on: April 03, 2024, 01:36:28 PM »
+1
Did you use the Panel Liner on the grills and the radiator or is that Panpastels?

Bendtracker1

• Crew
  • Remember The Rock!
    • The Little Rock Line
« Reply #770 on: April 03, 2024, 09:14:06 PM »
Allen,

All of these last few weathering jobs are amazing.  Just wow.
Thank you @Lemosteam

Bendtracker1

• Crew
  • Remember The Rock!
    • The Little Rock Line
« Reply #771 on: April 03, 2024, 09:20:36 PM »
+2
Did you use the Panel Liner on the grills and the radiator or is that Panpastels?
Both actually.
Before I start the weathering the first thing I do is to apply the panel liner to the upper grills and fans.
While applying the fading colors, some will inevitably get in the fans and grills.
The last thing I apply is the black Pan to the roof and I'll also apply some to the grills and fans to bring back the darkness.

Panel liner by itself is too stark, but apply it first which adds depth, then the Pans last keeps the starkness down.

shark_jj

• Crew
« Reply #772 on: April 04, 2024, 08:22:54 AM »
+1
Great tips, thanks Allen

Bendtracker1

• Crew
  • Remember The Rock!
    • The Little Rock Line