Author Topic: Kato Super Chief cars are the weekly special through 4/6  (Read 1353 times)

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +4229
    • www.bbussey.net
Kato Super Chief cars are the weekly special through 4/6
« on: March 29, 2012, 02:17:45 PM »
Kato just put five of the Super Chief cars up for the parts special until April 6 if they last that long.  Fully painted/decorated with trucks, $26 each including shipping.  Baggage #3453, RPO #88, Diner #601, Lounge #1339 and Dome #500.  As with the Broadway Limited cars, they probably will go fast.

http://www.katousa.com/Zcart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=148

Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
Re: Kato Super Chief cars are the weekly special through 4/6
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 02:50:35 AM »
 :|         Just be aware that these cars do not come with the nice plastic storage boxes like were offered with the Union Pavific cars,also the dome car is priced a bit more than the other cars. Ntate Goodman (Nato).

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
Parts Missing from Parts Special Order
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 02:03:23 PM »
 :|       I went to assemble the 4 Pooper (Super) Chief Parts Special cars I recieved and found parts missing. No window inserts for my diner and just one for one side on the baggage car. Both the prototype baggage and lounge car were ACF cars,but Kato sent only one pair of ACF Trucks, the other pairs sent were PS Dome Car Trucks. I have contacted Kato about this to see if they can send atleast the windows. Probably no on the baggage car as they are now listed as SOLD OUT. I can use clear plastic sheet for windows and the Dome Trucks while not correct will work under the lounge car. It is just the principal of the thing. You should recieve what you pay for. Nate Goodman (Nato).

CBQ Fan

• Crew
  • Respect: +345
Re: Kato Super Chief cars are the weekly special through 4/6
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 06:56:35 PM »
I had that happen on some of the Budd CBQ style domes they sold awhile back.  They sent me PS trucks that did not fit at all.  I called them and they looked but where out.  They sent me another set of PS trucks and I sent the first set back.  Knda funny, can't remember what they offered me to resolve it but by then I had found a set in my parts box fom an order I made who knows when.
Brian

Way of the Zephyr