Author Topic: Bangor and Aroostook font question  (Read 1270 times)

Wardie

• Crew
  • Respect: +34
Bangor and Aroostook font question
« on: March 19, 2012, 06:53:14 PM »
For those of you who model the BAR, or those who produce artwork for BAR models, I was wondering what decals, if there are any, would be appropriate for renumbering boxcars and reefers with the large bold numbers on them. I have numerous Atlas, MicroTrains and Athearn boxcars and reefers that I have accumulated multiples of the same road number of to expand my roster, and now that I am working through my backlog of projects this is getting much closer to the actual doing part. However I haven't turned up any boxcar/reefer sets with the large numbers, unless of course I missed something obvious.

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +4229
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: Bangor and Aroostook font question
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 11:12:48 PM »
I'm pretty certain Micro Scale has a large number BAR  reporting marks in one of its composite sets.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

Wardie

• Crew
  • Respect: +34
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 12:09:17 AM »
The only 2 microscale sets that come up for freight under a BAR search are the state of Maine scheme and a composite reefer set which is the modern triangle reefer scheme which lacks the  large reporting marks. Microscale has discontinued a remarkable amount of good decal sets in the last decade. Especially since a lot of the appropriate prototypes have finally become available. One of the diesel sets does have large numbers for the cabs of the units, but they seem smaller then a lot rolling stock marks.

Ian MacMillan

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Learn to use the god damn search feature!
  • Respect: +157
    • Conrail's Amoskeag Northern Division
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 01:29:36 AM »
Contact Jim Abbott
Www.mgdecals.com
I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE!

Yes... I'm in N... Also HO and 1:1