Author Topic: Long Live the Foob !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1347 times)

Puddington

• Crew
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +245
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
Long Live the Foob !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: March 05, 2012, 01:31:07 PM »
The store of "once thought perfect" Micro Train cars many of us have presents a problem in this increasingly "prototypically correct" (PC) world of "The Mustangwire"..... :D What to do with cars that are not only incorrect, but have been supplanted by superior models..?

Last night, unable to close my eyes, I wandered down to the shop, pulled out, quite literally a random car and began to experiment with some weathering ideas. A few hours later, when finished I was moderatly pleased and before retiring I thought I'd glance at the Morning Sun guide to see what a prototype might have looked like (yes, backwards but as I said, I was just experimenting)

Ok; I was p'd off..... as I discovered the car in question was not only not correct to the prototype but was, in reality a PC&F XIH insulated car, not the plug door car I'd laboured over..... "rats"...

How would I explain to to Bryan.... I mean, he'd gifted us this.....

http://www.esmc.com/2250/Item2256.html

Then it hit me, if you can't get it right, then don't hide it, shout it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.... and, not for nothing, I think I finally found a positive use for graffiti.......... :D :D :D

Hey Bryan.....free advertising man ! ;)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 02:47:04 PM by Puddington »
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

Philip H

• Crew
  • Respect: +1527
    • Layout Progress Blog
Re: Long Live the Foob !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 01:50:53 PM »
I LOVE IT.

One thousand  :ashat:'s to you sir; and 10  :tommann:'s for the weathering
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.

"Yes there are somethings that are "off;" but hey, so what." ~ Wyatt

"I'm trying to have less cranial rectal inversion with this." - Ed K.

"There's more to MRR life than the Wheezy & Nowheresville." C855B

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +7958
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 02:05:15 PM »
That's awesome. I love it.

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +4193
    • www.bbussey.net
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 04:23:04 PM »
Nice desecration job!  :D

PS:  - I absolutely hate that they put that scheme (and the R/W/B scheme too!) on that model  :facepalm:  And the total foob all-black NH PS-1 40' w/sliding door :facepalm::facepalm: ...  and the black with red-orange door, and the all red-orange NH PS-1 40' cars :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: ... and the incorrect number series on what would have been a correct NH script herald PS-1 40' w/sliding door :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: ...  and ... well, you get the idea.  :RUEffinKiddingMe:

I refused to buy the NH wood boxcar last year for the same reasons.  Yet I'm still waiting for the PROTOTYPICALLY CORRECT New Haven heavyweight parlor car and converted commuter coach on the 28-1 model.  Among other things (Swift RED 36' reefer).  :(
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +2894
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 09:00:39 PM »
Yet I'm still waiting for the PROTOTYPICALLY CORRECT New Haven heavyweight parlor car and converted commuter coach on the 28-1 model.  Among other things (Swift RED 36' reefer).  :(

Maybe someone you know could just manufacture them  :tommann: :D

milw156

• Crew
  • Respect: +215
    • Modutrak
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 09:51:42 PM »
Nice desecration job!  :D

PS:  - I absolutely hate that they put that scheme (and the R/W/B scheme too!) on that model  :facepalm:  And the total foob all-black NH PS-1 40' w/sliding door :facepalm::facepalm: ...  and the black with red-orange door, and the all red-orange NH PS-1 40' cars :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: ... and the incorrect number series on what would have been a correct NH script herald PS-1 40' w/sliding door :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: ...  and ... well, you get the idea.  :RUEffinKiddingMe:

I refused to buy the NH wood boxcar last year for the same reasons.  Yet I'm still waiting for the PROTOTYPICALLY CORRECT New Haven heavyweight parlor car and converted commuter coach on the 28-1 model.  Among other things (Swift RED 36' reefer).  :(

Think you & Skibbe might have a thing or two to talk about!!!!! If Micro trains may have been "the Cadilac of N scale trains once upon a time, then it would surely seem that ESM is the Rolls Royce of Current N scale offerings! Keep thos X58's commin!
Rick