Author Topic: Black Diamond & Augusta Railroad  (Read 3353 times)

poppy2201

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
    • Modeling The Bay Line
Re: Black Diamond & Augusta Railroad
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2014, 07:42:34 PM »
So with the target date of October to start the layout that gives me time to do a lot of tinkering.  During this time I have been working on the database program to keep track of my inventory and at the same time looking at DKS's plan.  I took it and added a couple of more curved turnouts and placed the Co-Op on a siding at the top.  This is the same configuration as the Co-Op in the town we used to live in Oklahoma and the short line that ran through there.

So the question becomes do I want to go this route?  For one. construction costs would be dramatically reduced since this will fit on a hollow-core door.  Number two, with the "urban type setting it would definitely break up the two sides with the number of structures.  Finally, I think it offers a much more simplistic design.  The downside , if there is one, there are a lot of structures but that can be easily overcome with scratch building my own or even some well made cardboard structures for now.

David, if you have any other thoughts or suggestions or anyone else for that matter don't hesitate to chime in.

Regards,
Charles

packers#1

• Crew
  • Modern Shortline Modeler
  • Respect: +493
Re: Black Diamond & Augusta Railroad
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2014, 12:44:44 AM »
If you're going for a shortline feel this is definitely the plan to go for, single track with the passing sidings.
Sawyer Berry
Clemson University graduate, c/o 2018
American manufacturing isn’t dead, it’s just gotten high tech