Author Topic: Scale Speeds  (Read 1973 times)

Hiroe

• Crew
  • Respect: +11
    • Urbex and Model photography
Re: Scale Speeds
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 07:06:32 PM »
Makes me want to switch scales :)  I vaguely remember seeing MP54's but they would have had to been in Suburban Station. Can't say for sure. I like the overhead wire. Always thought that was a cool thing about traction modeling. I seen it done in N scale, but I'm not sure I would try it.

Questions

Are the units equipped with sound or does O scale just sound realistic?

Is this your home layout or a club? Looks huge!

Frank

Haha, yeah. I had the same reaction when I saw the place for the first time. It's a club layout, which is quite convenient; not having to invest the real estate is a huge bonus for O scale. I've done working PRR cat in N before, and will soon be again; but working in O has allowed me to refine the construction techniques. Those particular cars do not have sound decoders in them, as the stock NJCB mechanisms make all the right noises as-is.

--Drew
To "call a spade a spade" is to speak honestly and directly about a topic, specifically topics that others may avoid speaking about due to their sensitivity or embarrassing nature. The Oxford English Dictionary records a more forceful variant, "to call a spade a bloody shovel", attested since 1919.