Author Topic: Weekend Update 2/12/12  (Read 6930 times)

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +773
Weekend Update 2/12/12
« on: February 10, 2012, 05:55:22 PM »

chuck geiger

• Crew
  • Respect: +558
    • THE IMPOSSIBLE RAILROAD
Re: Weekend Update 2/12/12
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 07:29:38 PM »
I have a three day weekend and hope to go into the train room with my
work list and Come Monday (Jimmy Buffett) we shall see...But it's 72 here
today in Feb.
Chuck Geiger
Page, AZ
provencountrypd@gmail.com

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +2803
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 08:35:05 PM »
I'm just here to do this:

:tommann:

That is all.

Puddington

• Crew
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +237
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 09:29:48 PM »
I'm glad to see Chris is setting his "eyes on the prize"...... :D

Having borrowed a really cool Nikon12 mp camera to shoot some magazine shots, I got "photo crazy" this week and then got weathering crazy.... bad combo....

I started some new weathering projects; some worked... others....well.....maybe we'll just let you decide.....

I love these IM CPR cylindrical hoppers, I've got about ten to weather.... this one is based on a proto photo I have.... put away wet and ridden really hard....

Rocky gets dirty.... These cars usually looked like hell shortly after they got washed due to the rought nature of Pacific Northwestern railroading.... dirty......

Dirty is one thing, but rusty is another.... not really what I was shooting for but the three foot rule allows it to stay....

Took a couple of "close up's" too........

Train 21 between Vancouver and Calgary makes a short stop at Samuel Ridge and the express packages have to get loaded.... ya'd think it's "Governement work" with the number of guys there....

A "high cup" van pulls away on the back of a wayfreight.... it ain't a train without a van......

Finally, a "reject"  from the magazine shoot....

Busy day at Feuer Forest Products..... busy = profits so no one's complaining....

Photo fun !

« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 09:39:44 PM by Puddington »
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

Scottl

• Crew
  • Respect: +446
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 09:46:15 PM »
That hopper looks great, even with the CP painted on it  :trollface:

Puddington

• Crew
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 09:57:18 PM »
That hopper looks great, even with the CP painted on it  :trollface:

...thanks; I'd have modeled a CNR hopper but I don't have a huge trestle to plunge it off of so, I thought I'd stick to reality........ (oh Puddy, that was harsh..............) :scared: ;)
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +773
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 11:33:30 PM »
That weathering looks super Pud .

delamaize

• Crew
  • Prairie Line Native
  • Respect: +150
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 03:06:38 AM »
Got a few things going this weekend:
worked a little more on my 144 Sq Inch entry, almost done now, Of course, I suck at scenery, so I'm not happy with it, but oh well.

I have been working on a Shapeways model of one of London Undergrounds trains. Specificly their "1997 Stock." I got the control cab powered, and got the 2nd coach rolling. I still need to clean and paint these 2 and get the other 4 parts ordered.

As for the A5, I decided I didn't like the size of the handrails, so I removed them and I am going to get some thinner wire, going with Steel Piano wire like I have done in the past. I got the window, door, and ladder cut in and installed on the engineers side. Also I got the roof details on the cab and the firemans side pilot ladder made and installed. I hopefully will be finished with the engineers side as soon as I get this new wire.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 01:35:08 PM by delamaize »
Mike

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)

Shipsure

• Crew
  • Respect: +616
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 09:14:29 AM »
Nice work Pud!!  Really like what you did with that IM hopper. 

I've been working a bit at lunch and finished up a Rock Island Hopper and a BN Box.  Did some testing with Mig Washes and stains and it reminds me of my military modeling days.  Once I start chipping up paint, these oils will really help set off the work.

http://nscalework.blogspot.com/  I also took some of our aluminum colored wheels and shot rust and grim in the centers and painted the trucks with a mixt of black and rust.  The combo is going in the right direction...need a bit more fussing around.

Joe

Puddington

• Crew
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 11:03:13 AM »
Thanks Richie and Joe, been having some fun here.... :D

I've got three more GHQ 8 hatch reefers to build and I can't decide whether to modify them into CPR versions or build them stock as aluminum painted CN units. Now; don't get me wrong, I am no CN fan but those aluminum painted units look sharp.... I have fallen in love with the GHQ 8 hatch models and can't seem to get them shunted off my pike... :D

Maybe I'll end up flipping a coin..... :?

Scottl

• Crew
  • Respect: +446
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 12:02:12 PM »
I'm surprised those two cars even couple together  :ashat:

eric220

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Continuing my abomination unto history
  • Respect: +416
    • The Modern PRR
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 04:34:07 PM »
Not much modeling for me the last couple of weeks.  Work keeps getting in the way.  I did go digging through my photos and found one that I never posted from last year's Rail-B-Q.

:D
-Eric

Modeling a transcontinental PRR
http://www.pennsylvania-railroad.com

wm3798

• Crew
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +1549
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 04:36:44 PM »
Nice work on the rolling stock, there, Puddles.  Looks like you just shot actual road grime from the airbrush...

Week two of the evolving urban scenery for Cumberland.  Finished up the freight house with some signage, and started cobbling together the neighborhood behind it from the scrap heap...

That would be Hoffman Manufacturing looming there in the background.  I'm not sure exactly what they'll be manufacturing there, but you can bet there will be 40' boxcars involved...  Phil had given me the remains of a Walthers kit he used as a bash... There was enough for one full wall, so I did some editing and some scratch bashing to get around the corner, and filled in the blanks on the right hand wall with some DPM modular stuff.  Here's a shot of the "fudged" wall...

Can you tell what I had to fabricate?

I'll be working on putting the lights in that this weekend.

Lee
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 04:38:23 PM by wm3798 »
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

BCR 570

• Crew
  • Respect: +865
    • BCR Dawson Creek Subdivision in N Scale
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2012, 02:45:40 AM »
Pud:

Why not do 2 CP and one CN?

It would be nice if GHQ did a CP car - even nicer of they did the one the PGE also had . . .

Tim

T. Horton
North Vancouver, B.C.
BCR Dawson Creek Subdivision in N Scale
www.bcrdawsonsub.ca

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +544
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2012, 06:56:51 AM »
Not much modeling for me the last couple of weeks.  Work keeps getting in the way.  I did go digging through my photos and found one that I never posted from last year's Rail-B-Q.

:D

You almost fooled me  :tommann: