Author Topic: Kato's next Passenger train....  (Read 5355 times)

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Kato's next Passenger train....
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 12:47:51 AM »
So if they do HW's in Milw it's a good bet UP HW's will come some day ( I hope ) . The Lil Joes didn't come till 1919 IIRC but they pulled that train . In lies the question , will Kato have a loco to go with it . If so will it be the FVM  4-4-2 , or something new from Kato ? I would buy a Milw elec in a heart beat .

Richie Dost

Dave Schneider

• Crew
  • Respect: +50
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 01:29:41 AM »
So if they do HW's in Milw it's a good bet UP HW's will come some day ( I hope ) . The Lil Joes didn't come till 1919 IIRC but they pulled that train . In lies the question , will Kato have a loco to go with it . If so will it be the FVM  4-4-2 , or something new from Kato ? I would buy a Milw elec in a heart beat .

Richie, I suspect you are thinking of the Bipolar electrics, which went into service in 1919. The 20 Little Joes (as in Stalin), were ordered in 1946 by the USSR, but their export was banned by the State Department in 1948. The  Milwaukee Road Road got 12, the South Shore Line got 3, and 5 went to Brasil. I would be in for this train set, even though I don't need one. When you see the price that Superdomes and Skytops go for in brass on eBay, you start to believe that this would be a successful model. The Little Joe would be cool, again, even though I don't need one.

Best wishes, Dave
If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

up1950s

• Crew
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 03:46:49 AM »
Richie, I suspect you are thinking of the Bipolar electrics, which went into service in 1919. The 20 Little Joes (as in Stalin), were ordered in 1946 by the USSR, but their export was banned by the State Department in 1948. The  Milwaukee Road Road got 12, the South Shore Line got 3, and 5 went to Brasil. I would be in for this train set, even though I don't need one. When you see the price that Superdomes and Skytops go for in brass on eBay, you start to believe that this would be a successful model. The Little Joe would be cool, again, even though I don't need one.

Best wishes, Dave

Thanks for that correction Dave , my bad . :oops:

Richie Dost

Dave Schneider

• Crew
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 03:05:55 PM »
Richie....didn't mean to make you blush! Sorry if it came across that way.

Best wishes, Dave
If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

up1950s

• Crew
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2012, 12:33:58 AM »
Richie....didn't mean to make you blush! Sorry if it came across that way.

Best wishes, Dave

Not at all , if the collective didn't correct its self it wouldn't be worth having one , reading it , and posting to it .

Richie Dost

mcjaco

• Crew
  • Respect: +105
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2012, 10:04:51 AM »
When you sober up it will make sense.  Nato is asking if it's the streamlined version with skytop and superdome or a prior heavyweight version.  Since it's obvious which one of those would actually sell, I think it's a rhetorical question.   ;)

Either version would make many us drink.   :P
~ Matt

Puddington

• Crew
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +245
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2012, 10:50:33 AM »
Great...fine....do the Hiawatha with the skytop lounges and the superdomes...I'll buy one....but for the love of the maple leaf sell those cars separately for us canucks that want to model CN's Ocean and Super Continental.....oh, silly me, it's Kato..... nevermind....
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

skytop35

• Crew
  • Respect: +730
    • Skytop Models
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2012, 12:27:49 PM »
Great...fine....do the Hiawatha with the skytop lounges and the superdomes...I'll buy one....but for the love of the maple leaf sell those cars separately for us canucks that want to model CN's Ocean and Super Continental.....oh, silly me, it's Kato..... nevermind....

Mike, Kato usually sells parts to make a complete car sometime after they release a set. You'll have to act fast as those cars sell out in days. Super dome and skytop maybe maybe in hours.
Bill Denton

Skytopmodels.com

Puddington

• Crew
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +245
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2012, 12:49:25 PM »
Mike, Kato usually sells parts to make a complete car sometime after they release a set. You'll have to act fast as those cars sell out in days. Super dome and skytop maybe maybe in hours.

Never once did it work for me before... maybe, like waiting for McCartney tickets I'll have to pull out the sleeping bag and lawn chair....? :facepalm:
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

Bob Bufkin

• Crew
  • Respect: +44
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2012, 02:02:20 PM »
Kato usually offers a 4 car add on set.  With any luck, they may be the cars you need. 

wm3798

• Crew
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +5403
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2012, 12:01:47 AM »
I'd still rather see the Cincinattian...
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

SkipGear

• Crew
  • Respect: +629
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2012, 12:27:10 AM »
I'd still rather see the Cincinattian...

I need to get mine done first, then they will make it....

Tony Hines

Dave Schneider

• Crew

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2012, 02:15:35 AM »
 :|   The locomotive may not be electric although Bi-Polars would be nice. A more likely canidate would be FM Erie Buiilt's which had fancy chrome nose trim.These powered the train all the way thru to Seattle/Tacoma at first running through both electric zones. They ran on the mixed heavyweight and lightweight consist which became all lightweight later. With in about a year if I recall correctly they stopped running through,modernized box cabs with a European look were then used on the Rocky Mt. Division and the Bi-Polars on the Coast Division. Kato does not always do add on sets. Their City Of Los Angeles like the CZ has no add on cars (needed) and some original sets were done as aix and four car sets. Nate Goodman (Nato).

CBQ Fan

• Crew
  • Respect: +345
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2012, 09:29:05 AM »
FM Erie Buiilt's would really be cool!  I am fine either way, electric or FM Erie Buiilt's.
Brian

Way of the Zephyr