Author Topic: Bachman NE Caboose a quick review.  (Read 1069 times)

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
Bachman NE Caboose a quick review.
« on: January 21, 2012, 02:48:47 AM »
 :|    I know this should have been in the other thread already posted about these cars. I purchased three of these new cars and could compair them to the four original Life Like cars I have only there is no comparison. Bachmann wins hands down."Wozzers !" Finer smaller correct size rivets on the body,window glas,nicely weighted,a scale size smoke jack,fine scale end rails and brake wheels. Correct trucks for most roads  offered W metal wheels,and paint schemes that are way over the top,colored step edges on roads that did this,also all the side (curved) and small end grabs are painted. LV looks extra nice with a yellow side stripe. "Nuff Said" Throw out your original LL's and don't bother with the Walthers Re Run.Interesting though,Bachmann's new freight cars and the Gas Electric Doodlebug come with Rapido Couplers in a small bag for reverse conversion "EGAD!" Nate Goodman (Nato). Salt Lake, Utah.

Ian MacMillan

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Learn to use the god damn search feature!
  • Respect: +157
    • Conrail's Amoskeag Northern Division
Re: Bachman NE Caboose a quick review.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 03:03:59 AM »
Comparing them to the LL cars is kinda unfair as that tooling is what..almost 30 years old? The Bachmann cars IMO could use some more work...such as "correct trucks for most roads" ...and the paint on some of the roads, most notably the Maine Central cabooses is FAR from where it should be.

The car in and of its self is pretty nice thought, but I would have to strip my MEC ones and start over.

All the other details are pretty nice.
I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE!

Yes... I'm in N... Also HO and 1:1

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +5474
Re: Bachman NE Caboose a quick review.
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 03:22:41 AM »
Kind of pisses me off that they won't put those trucks on their steam tenders  :RUEffinKiddingMe: