Author Topic: DKS in ER  (Read 4319 times)

eric220

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Continuing my abomination unto history
  • Respect: +607
    • The Modern PRR
Re: DKS in ER
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2012, 11:43:52 AM »
Dave- get well soon!
-Eric

Modeling a transcontinental PRR
http://www.pennsylvania-railroad.com

DKS

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +7024
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2012, 02:22:26 PM »
It's getting worse instead of better. Now my father is dying, and I need to fly to Phoenix as soon as I can. I'm still on crutches, can't think straight, hurt like hell and have no energy. I hope I can rely on wheelchair service at the airports...

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +8040
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2012, 02:25:07 PM »
***** man! I wish I was closer and could help. I totally missed this while I was somewhat off the grid.

If there is anything I can do, let me know.

Dave V

• Crew
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +8552
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2012, 03:50:52 PM »
David, I'm very sorry...   :(

Bremner

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2012, 05:12:19 PM »
DKS, I am sorry to read this, where are you going to be in the valley? I might be able to help

wm3798

• Crew
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +5412
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2012, 07:20:05 PM »
If there's packaging or other "assembly line" stuff that needs to be done to expedite the kits, let me know.  I owe you anyway.

Hang in there, David.

Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

wazzou

• Crew
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +1569
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2012, 08:24:06 PM »
DKS -

I have a brother-in-law and his wife in the valley, Glendale.  I am sure that they'd help if you needed something.
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA

seusscaboose

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +190
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2012, 08:30:49 PM »
If there's packaging or other "assembly line" stuff that needs to be done to expedite the kits, let me know.  I owe you anyway.

count me in on the caravan if needed
"I have a train full of basements"

NKPH&TS #3589

Inspiration at:
http://nkphts.org/modelersnotebook

Philip H

• Crew
  • Respect: +1530
    • Layout Progress Blog
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2012, 09:01:34 PM »
DKS,
First, a speedy recovery to you.  Second, peace to your dad, no matter his outcome. Third, I'll help with Lee and Eric if I can.
Philip
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.

"Yes there are somethings that are "off;" but hey, so what." ~ Wyatt

"I'm trying to have less cranial rectal inversion with this." - Ed K.

"There's more to MRR life than the Wheezy & Nowheresville." C855B

Alaska Railroader

• Crew
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2012, 11:12:16 PM »
You guys are great friends to David, wonderful to hear such encouragement here when its needed.
Since the final assembly line and packaging is at my house I welcome you all to come help :D
Seriously, you are awesome guys.

DKS

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +7024
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2012, 09:22:47 AM »
I am deeply moved by all of the expressions of support by my fellow :ashat: s here, so much so that I feel "thank you" is hardly enough to offer in return. Karin, now you can see for yourself why this group is so important to me.

My travel arrangements have been made: I'm headed out on Friday 6 Jan and returning Sunday 8 Jan. I paid a premium for non-stop flights, so the trip will be as painless as possible, and I'll be taking full advantage of airport wheelchair service throughout my trip. I have two brothers in Phoenix, so all of my needs will be met completely once I'm there.

I've learned that my father, who suffered a massive stroke a few months ago and is now enduring complications from a recent case of pneumonia, has mere weeks to live. Hopefully I'm leaving soon enough to join my brothers and see my father before he passes, but late enough that I can do a little more healing before the trip.

As much as I would really love to meet up with any :ashat: s who may be in Phoenix at that time, I regret that I won't have the time or energy to do so. I deliberately kept my stay as short as practical so I can be back home to continue a battery of doctor visits to try and resolve my knee problems--as luck would have it, my bad knee took quite a hit in my fall, and now it's worse than it was before the first surgery. The trip is also short to minimize the impact on NZT work, so that I won't slip so far behind that I'll never catch up. Fortunately the work is not strenuous.

Once again, I thank everyone here at Railwire who have so generously extended their good wishes and offers to help. It means a lot to me.

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +535
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2012, 10:54:09 AM »
Best to ya David!

delamaize

• Crew
  • Prairie Line Native
  • Respect: +458
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2012, 01:45:04 AM »
Holy Hell Dave! It just keeps coming sometimes! I'll keep you and your Dad in my thoughts and prayers.

I know their isn't much that I can do in Washington state, or back in Germany in a week or so, but if you can think of anything that I can do to help, Let me know!
Mike

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)

eric220

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Continuing my abomination unto history
  • Respect: +607
    • The Modern PRR
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2012, 01:51:27 AM »
Dave, if it didn't involve a cross-country flight of my own, I'd be right there to help with anything that I could.  Good luck, and I wish you nothing but the best.
-Eric

Modeling a transcontinental PRR
http://www.pennsylvania-railroad.com

Dave Schneider

• Crew
  • Respect: +50
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2012, 02:32:33 AM »
David,

Sorry to hear all of what you are going through. I have made this type of trip twice in the past for my parents and I can relate to the emotions that typically accompany such a journey. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Any chance you are flying Delta (kinda doubt it given your likely routing)? I might be able to help with an upgrade.

Best wishes, Dave
If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.