Author Topic: Woodland Scenics plant burns down  (Read 5360 times)

conrail98

• Crew
  • Respect: +40
Re: Woodland Scenics plant burns down
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2012, 04:00:15 PM »
"Gone" is such a harsh word... shame that so many pessimists abound.  The company is healthy and they will bounce back.  It will take a little time but things will get going again.

I'm sorry if you feel "gone" was too harsh there, however, if you clicked the link and read it, at the time I posted, that's how initial reports described the building, as "gone", and how a few of the pictures described it. I'm glad to see that it wasn't their only building and it seems that it isn't nearly as bad as initially reported for the company. For that, we all can be glad and wish them the best,

Phil
- Phil

rogergperkins

• Crew
  • Modeling the B&O in central IL in autumn of 1940's
  • Respect: 0
Reports on Woodland Scenic fire - check the facts
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2012, 07:14:43 AM »
As a long-time customer of this company, I immediately read the post on this forum.
This morning, I did a google search to determine if I could learn about the incident.
I was delighted to find that they have a Facebook page and are reporting the progress
of recovering from the fire.
As far as I can tell, they are still in business!   :)

Scottl

• Crew
  • Respect: +1139
Re: Reports on Woodland Scenic fire - check the facts
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2012, 07:37:11 AM »
Like so much reporting on the spot, this was very worrisome.  I'm very pleased for them that all employees were safe and the impact of the fire will be much less than catastrophic.  This is great news that they are now moving forward.

It has been interesting to learn how important a business that is largely for the model railroading industry is so important to the economy of a single town. 

conrailthomas519

• Crew
  • BNSF / Montana Rail Link
  • Respect: +11
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2012, 07:38:46 AM »
Right On!!! :D
TMM

Bruce Bird

• Crew
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2012, 09:34:19 AM »
A friend and fellow N scaler here in central Illinois is a sales rep for a fire fighting supply company and was actually in Osage Beach when the call went out that WS was on fire.  He went to the scene and saw the fire but did not realize what the business was until he got home.  Talk about a small world.  He said that the fire looked nasty when he was there.  And great news that they will be up and working again. 

I had no idea that I was helping to employ 150 Americans in putting scenery on my layout!

Bruce

conrail98

• Crew
  • Respect: +40
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2012, 10:10:01 AM »
I wholeheartedly agree. As the original poster of the links, the reporting at the time only indicated it as the "Woodland Scenics Building" and nothing else. I know I didn't know they had multiple buildings throughout that area. The post to their Facebook page and email sent out to customers yesterday was reassuring that they will be conducting business as usual through the clean-up,

Phil
- Phil

lock4244

• Crew
  • Respect: +583
    • My train pics
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2012, 04:05:51 PM »
I had no idea that I was helping to employ 150 Americans in putting scenery on my layout!

Bruce

Model railroads should qualify for Federal Infrastructure Funds to keep Americans working. WS must turn in some pretty impressive sales figures to employ 150 people!

I sent them a 'glad you're ok' email and received a grateful response with two hours. Sure could have been much worse.

Ian MacMillan

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Learn to use the god damn search feature!
  • Respect: +157
    • Conrail's Amoskeag Northern Division
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2012, 06:27:36 AM »
Guys,
Learn to keep everything on the same thing in the same thread..... Don't make me go all Tech Forum Moderator on your asses!  :P
I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE!

Yes... I'm in N... Also HO and 1:1