Author Topic: Atlas December Listings  (Read 6246 times)

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +4229
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: Atlas December Listings
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2011, 11:15:18 AM »
So is the second Micro-Trains?

There's Con-cor and N scale kits too.

Jason

Once we're in next year, I have the 85'+ flatcar list as:

Arnold
Atlas
BLMA
Con-Cor
Micro-Trains
N Scale Kits
Trainworx
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

Brakie

• Crew
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2011, 11:26:54 AM »
And in your mind the current economic environment is no factor in this, right?  New product is being released.  You're beef is that new tooling isn't being introduced every other month.  Well that's not going to happen.   New tooling investments aren't recovered with only one or two releases, and no one is growing money on trees.  So "rehashed bone tosses" have always been and will continue to be the reality, unless you have a spare $100k every other month that you can infuse as a stimulus.

Sometimes it's forgotten that this isn't Wall Street money that is in this hobby.

Bryan,I know new tooling for one just one new N Scale locomotive wouldn't bankrupt Atlas or any manufacturer-it hasn't stopped Kato or Bachmann.

Your weak excuse doesn't wash now and never will...

I'm about to give up on seeing any new Atlas N Scale  locomotives as a lost cause..

There's to much going against it including  N Scalers!! :(

Larry

Summerset Ry.

wcfn100

• Crew
  • Respect: +1128
    • Chicago Great Western Modeler
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2011, 11:32:47 AM »

Arnold
Atlas
BLMA
Con-Cor
Micro-Trains
N Scale Kits
Trainworx

Right, that's why I was curious about the post.

I hope someone will eventually step in and fill the gap between the Trainworx car and BLMA car.

Bryan, ever think about an F30G? Covers 50's to 80's with a hitch you could sell separately.  :)

Jason

« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 11:34:53 AM by wcfn100 »

wcfn100

• Crew
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2011, 11:45:40 AM »

FWIW, I think Atlas finally caught up to the locomotives that were supposed to be announced first quarter of this year.  Maybe that will clear the deck for something new.

As soon as they do announce something this will just turn right into "Why didn't they do XYZ instead" so I don't blame Atlas for completely ignoring these types of threads.

Jason

asarge

• Crew
  • Respect: +25
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2011, 11:57:29 AM »
I was talking about new models on the 89' flats.

wcfn100

• Crew
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2011, 12:00:06 PM »

1. BLMA
2. ?

Jason

Brakie

• Crew
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2011, 12:46:25 PM »
FWIW, I think Atlas finally caught up to the locomotives that were supposed to be announced first quarter of this year.  Maybe that will clear the deck for something new.

As soon as they do announce something this will just turn right into "Why didn't they do XYZ instead" so I don't blame Atlas for completely ignoring these types of threads.

Jason

Or worst a topic ripping the new engine. :facepalm:

It does seem like a losing battle..
Larry

Summerset Ry.

Puddington

• Crew
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +245
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2011, 12:50:32 PM »
Bryan,I know new tooling for one just one new N Scale locomotive wouldn't bankrupt Atlas or any manufacturer-it hasn't stopped Kato or Bachmann.

I'm about to give up on seeing any new Atlas N Scale  locomotives as a lost cause..

There's to much going against it including  N Scalers!! :(

Sorry; I can't subscribe to what you're saying.....

Without going to Spook's website to count them, I'd guess there are over 100 different locomotives available now in numerous RTR road names... there are untold numbers of freight cars available; new hacks and we're in a passenger car revolution, with new ones arriving almost each month....My wallet can't keep up with the reduced flow of goodies, let alone where we were two years ago...........

.......and "there's too much going against it including N scalers".... Huh ?

Are you saying that your enjoyment of the hobby is soley or primarily linked to new product arrivals ? There are so many locomotives you have to have that are not produced that you just can't find a prototype to model....? I simply don't get it....

Having been in N scale for 30 year I am thrilled at the selection of product, both new and in after market venues.... it's never been better and we're still seeing a steady, if not somewhat diminished flow of new offerings... and there is of course that arcaine art of kitbashing and scratchbuilding...

I'm sorry; but I can't subscribe to your opinion that "the sky is falling" in nscale...the sky is still bright and those clouds that are slowing new products are a function of world economics and will; as always, blow out, and in, and out....
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

bbussey

• Crew
    • www.bbussey.net
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2011, 12:54:37 PM »
Right, that's why I was curious about the post.

I hope someone will eventually step in and fill the gap between the Trainworx car and BLMA car.

Bryan, ever think about an F30G? Covers 50's to 80's with a hitch you could sell separately.  :)

I think I'll leave the intermodal flats to the guys already diving in.  With three new well-tooled flats (and variants) arriving within the next few months, I think that will satiate most appetites for the time being.  I've got ideas on the next ESM car, and some are designed already, but I won't start looking at it in earnest until the X58 is established and bringing in the return on investment.  And as we know, the landscape will be different by then as to what people want to see.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

Wardie

• Crew
  • Respect: +34
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2011, 12:56:03 PM »
I remember back in the 1990s when we were begging atlas to reissue previous locomotives because some of them had not been around for a looooong time. I am content to let them sort out the factory issue, catCh up on all those TBA production dates for stuff that has already been announced before adding more to the pipeline. At least they haven't gone the IM route and cancelled a bunch of stuff I reserved and budgeted for right before it was supposed to hit the market. I would rather see delivery dates met before more new stuff comes out.

bbussey

• Crew
    • www.bbussey.net
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2011, 12:57:14 PM »

1. BLMA
2. ?

1. BLMA F89J modern
2. BLMA F89J as-built
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

wcfn100

• Crew
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2011, 12:58:55 PM »
Or worst a topic ripping the new engine. :facepalm:

It does seem like a losing battle..

Don't forget price.  It's been 3-4 years since the last Master Loco which went for $140 and we've seen about 20% across the board (even Kato had to up their prices).

Everyone wants an S2.  But how many are people a ready to buy at $150-$175 for just the DC model?

Jason
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 01:06:15 PM by wcfn100 »

wcfn100

• Crew
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2011, 01:05:24 PM »
1. BLMA F89J modern
2. BLMA F89J as-built

That would  be one company.  :)   

Quote from: asarge
We are finally about to 89' Flats coming from 2 companies.

I assume the other is the Trainworx car.

Jason

lock4244

• Crew
  • Respect: +584
    • My train pics
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2011, 01:05:34 PM »
Don't forget price.  It's been 3-4 years since the last Master Loco which went for $140 and we've seen about 20% across the board (even Kato had to up their prices).

Everyone wants an S2.  But how many are people really going to buy at $150-$175 for just the DC model?

Jason

It'll be lower on the street. I'd be in for a few, and the expense will be greater for Canuck's as we'll have to buy the MBE or Briggs shell that'll eventually come out so it looks like an MLW S series unit, not the ALCO.

lock4244

• Crew
  • Respect: +584
    • My train pics
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2011, 01:06:40 PM »

Arnold
Atlas
BLMA
Con-Cor
Micro-Trains